• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Ability/Tower Ideas for TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ever wanted to see a certain ability in a TD? This is the chance for your dreams to come true! We have a more than qualified JASS coder on the team, so if you can think it up, chances are he can code it. Do feel free to take ideas from other games (like DotA) if you want, as long as they make sense within a TD. Abilities should be solely focused on damage and not support (i.e. no slows, armor reducers etc.).

The map in question is Element TD 4.0. Looking forward to ideas and suggestions.

Level 7
Some sort of unholy frenzy tower maybe. A tower with very slow but high damage, and a little regeneration. It activates a spell that drains its life, but really pumps up the speed. After a few uses, you would have to wait a while for it's life to regenerate.

Something that auto casts healing wards with negative values, which makes them pain wards.

Gamble Tower: Has a 50% chance to heal completely and a 50% chance to do 80% of the targets units life. This tower might be too powerful, but it would have a large splash, undoing the work of some other towers.

And that's all I got for now.

Level 6
Borrowed Time : A tower with a low gold cost but rather high attack that vanish after a certain amount of kills.

Level 12
Tower that deals damage = % of health missing. If unit is missing 50% health then the tower deals 50 damage.

Here's one I doubt that so called PRO coder can do.

Prism tower! Draws power from other prism towers with a chain effect. However if it draws from more than 5, it short curcuits and deals only 1/2 damage without any bonuses.

Level 7
Here's one I doubt that so called PRO coder can do.

Well, if he is who he says he is, then he/his team made Element TD, which is one of the most popular TDs out on US East (and one of the best and most fun, I would say). I don't really think you should underestimate their team.

Anyway, I feel I have to think of tower after saying that.

Tripwire Tower: Damage is directly proportional with a unit's speed, making it useful for fast waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.