• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Campaigns require a ton of work, because your not just working on one good map, your working on a lot.

Level 11
Guys, I think your a bit off topic. Your nor suppose to discuss how fast a good map can be, but how to stop huge upload of really bad maps and more map mod reviewing.

But, hhf is a fun map. Main thing that makes map fun is idea, good game play, balance, and no lag/bugs/other issues.

And about limiting upload of maps to 1 per month per user. Well THW has a lot of users. OK most are inactive (1 reason or another), but, take from all active users 1000 of them and say they make bad maps in 1 day. That would mean 1000 maps per month. Still quite a lot.

I think that Map rules should be drastically updated. Anything that doesn't meat requirements is rejected. How to update, and which rules to add, idk. That would take some time to do.

Level 10
Limiting about one month will not do any damn difference. In fact if you posted something wrong and need to repost map then well "Sorry" wait for month and then repost it.

About "How to deal with teh big problem" I will tell for the last damn time... WHY YOU ALL SO DAMNLY CARE SO MUCH FOR RATING!? There is damn user rating, looking maps by watching moderator rating is damn stupid. Every moderator rates different. So all what CAN be done is to stop these useless topics how "bad" is resource sections which kills resource moderator mood. Thank you all.

Level 15
About "How to deal with teh big problem" I will tell for the last damn time... WHY YOU ALL SO DAMNLY CARE SO MUCH FOR RATING!? There is damn user rating, looking maps by watching moderator rating is damn stupid. Every moderator rates different. So all what CAN be done is to stop these useless topics how "bad" is resource sections which kills resource moderator mood. Thank you all.

Who told you that we actually look for maps from mod ratings?At least i don't and from my point of view a mod has actually far more experience than any simple user in rating,so his ratings could help improve any map this is what i mean.I think i'm clear enough...

Level 24
I don't know what this thread is about really, but I'm sure someone's whined about moderators slacking, so let me tell you this: Moderating a map isn't just clicking a button and selecting a rating, you need to get people on b.net to play the map with you (which can be hard with sucky maps), look on basically all aspects of the map, decide whatever or not it is good enough for approval, if not, write a constructive review on what the user needs to approve, if yes, you need to write a review on why the map was approved. As you can see, there is more work involved in moderating a map than you may have thought at first. So please, even if it takes a few months for your map to moderated, have patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.