1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Gather 'round - the 20th Icon Contest Poll is out.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mannoroth Hero Concept

Submitted by chopinski
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Mannoroth, The Destructor, the great leader of the Pit Lords. Mannoroth, in this Hero Concept, is a powerful Spell Caster specialized in punishing groups of units that agglomerate. Thanks to all that have been credited for their awesome work on models, effects, icons and code libraries, and please, if you find that no credit was given to you for your work here or credit were given by mistake, let me know, so I can fix it. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
  • Henry
  • Daerone
  • Murlocologist
  • marilynmonroe
  • Mr.Goblin
  • nGy
  • san
  • The Panda
  • Magtheridon96
  • Bribe
  • Maker
  • AZ
  • Mythic
  • Darkfang
  • -Berz-
  • bigapple90
  • Verxorian
  • Blizzard
10/18/2020
  • Requirement Systems updated to their latest versions.
  • New Library
    PluginSpellEffect
  • Spells that require SpellEffectEvent by Bribe now also requires the new library.
11/02/2020
11/23/2020
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pack updated to match my standard requirement libraries. For those who cant open the map due to a problem in the editor when trying to load Object Data, get the Object Data here.
Contents

Mannoroth Hero Concept (Map)

Reviews
MyPad
Reanimation issue is now resolved. Approved
  1. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  2. MadMax

MadMax

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    The Reanimation is sick!

3. feber13

feber13

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice spell 10/10

4. Deadreyo

Deadreyo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very good ideas. I have a suggestion tho: Fel presence can be an active ability that forces nearby enemies to run away from the target for a short time.

5. Deadreyo

Deadreyo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nvm, I forgot that this ability already exists lol.

6. MadMax

MadMax

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Can you please tell me how did you achieve such gif preview images?

7. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The spells look fabulous!

Just a quick question. I always remember "Vjass" needing some kind of external tool in order to implement within the normal World editor. Has that changed with the addition of the "Jass compiler" which was added a few patches ago, from what you know?

Keep up the good work~

On a side note, the link you gave us on the first comment does not work, since Underground appears to require logging in if people want to read posts/threads.

8. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I use OBS Studio and Screen to GIF. Here's a nice tutorial on how to setup OBS Studio to record your game screen. OBS is nice because it does not affect your game fps and it records with high quality at 60+ fps. After I record what I want with OBS I then use Screen to GIF to optimize and create the gif the way I want. Here's how i do it:

1 - Open the Screen to GIF app, it will present to you this screen, then click on the editor option
    STG.png

2 - The Editor screen will then be presented, so go to where OBS saved the video you just recorded, and drag and drop it inside the editor screen
    STG_2.png

3 - After you drop it into Screen to GIF, the app will show you a pre-import configuration screen to setup some aspects of the video before importing it, here's how I configure it
    STG_3.png

4 - After it's done importing, I then proceed to reduce it's file size by cropping the screen and reducing the images size
    STG_4.png STG_5.png

5 - After its done doing the cropping and resizing, save as gif, here how I do it
    STG_6.png

6 - One more thing before the end. I upload the created gif to my account on Imgur. Imgur is nice because it keeps your images/gifs indefinitely and it generates the links for you to post on forums, like here in Hive. After you upload it there, click on your gif and the site will present the screen with links. If the Original Gif link is not presented, just copy the Gifv link and remove the v in the end
    STG_7.png

And that's it. When you creating a thread here in Hive, just use the insert image option and paste the link from Imgur.

If you are on versions below 1.27b of the game you need Jass NewGen Pack in order to compile vJASS. If you are on 1.27b up to 1.29.0 you can use WEX, although I think beginning from version 1.28 the game already supports vJASS natively, you just need to enable it in the World Editor
    Jass_Enabled.png

Just Create and account then. Warcraft Underground is a great site, it has tons of high quality models that people converts from other blizzard games like WoW or HOTS.

9. MadMax

MadMax

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Big thank you sir.

10. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    vJass was added in 1.30 or 1.31 patch if I'm not mistaken.

On to the package, this is sick! Awesome work!

11. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If your world editor cant open the map because of an Object Data error, here is the Object Data for you to import

Attached Files:

12. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    With visuals that are aesthetically pleasing, as well as thematically menacing, one cannot deny the horrifying power and presence of Mannoroth. Well done.

Looking at the code, I'm still as impressed as ever. The code is very understandable, and clearly communicates to the user what it does, though it does misalign a bit with the JPAG, where struct methods follow a camelCase convention.

Given that, there are some serious flaws with one of the spells, Reanimation. It appears to spam TriggerSleepAction a lot, which is a big no-no for a MUI spell (replay might not match actual gameplay). It also suffers from being unable to properly display its' cooldown.

That being said, the Rain of Fel Fire impact model is a bit off-center from the impact point. Infernal Charge shouldn't pause the unit via
    PauseUnit
    . I would recommend using
    BlzPauseUnitEx
    in its stead.

Due to Reanimation's glaring flaws, this'll have to be updated before approval.
    Awaiting Update

13. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Bundle Updated

Reanimation now uses a timer instead of TriggerSleepAction(). For this spell it was possible to make use of timers, but in the Muradin Hero Concept for example, the Double Thunder Ability only works with TriggerSleepAction. I tried using timers at first but it didnt work, so please be aware of that when moderating. I also implemented a little change to display the disabled icon when the ability is in cooldown. Changing icon paths stopped working when Reforged was launched but if Blizzard ever fix it , it will display properly.

That's the model problem not a system problem, i don't think i can do anything about it, but it's just visual.

Updated to use the new Pause native.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  14. KPC

KPC

Resources:
    Resources:
    Make more.

15. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    upload_2020-9-12_21-17-52.png

When I open "Preview Triggers", it shows Ragnaros' ability o.o
    Mannoroth corrupt the HIVE!!!

16. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That's really weird because if you download the bundle and open it in the World Editor its the correct Mannoroth Pack. I think the Preview Triggers might be bugged for this one. Anyway, if you want the real codes, just download.

17. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Reanimation issue is now resolved.

Approved

18. hemmedo

hemmedo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can this be played along with Archimonde spellpack in the same map?

19. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I think so. As long as you have all the basic required libraries they will wok along side anything.