• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 5
i finished of playing this campaign, the highborne path specifically, and i must say it was one of the best wc3 campaigns i have the luck to play :ogre_love:. the final chapters as the epilogue shocked me :vw_wtf:.

however, this campaign would be perfect if it had not a certain problem: MUSIC.

idk if it's the wc3 patch i have to play the campaign (v1.30.2), the map has the music bugged or something else. but i noticed the whole campaign has not any music in the background as its previous versions (1.3b and oldest changelogs), and this produces a great lack of epicity while playing. please try to solve that.

about bugs, i just found one when you must fight against the archer inside an instance. when your hero enters to this instance, you can't control your units till the hero gets out from the instance as it should be. but there're moments when my hero gets out and the rest of my units can't be controlled yet.

this is the only problem i've found but the rest of the campaign is perfect!! the content and the storyline are amazing :aa:, highly well elaborated to be just a wc3 fanmade campaign.

now i'll wait patiently for the sentinel path, which is my favorite one :) thx for this titanic job you and your team done man.

Last edited:
Level 7
"Turnro,
This version. . .

I have tried 1.24e, 1.26 and 1.28 but there is no difference regarding this problem

You need Warcraft III 1.29 or above in order to play Malfurion's Quest 1.4b

Anything less than 1.29 / 1.30 won't work.

lonely farm at this corner, how do we get to it unless its a mistake

If you find out things around the map using cheat codes, then it's probably nothing and not worth mentioning. We appreciate information about bugs/issues through a normal playthrough without cheats

is it possible to move your save games from the 1.3 update to 1.4? just so I don't have to start all over again.

No

man, im playing the map where kathranis must escape from the city, and i don't know how to escape from there after get the 5 loyals highbornes. idk what i should do after.

Pay attention and explore carefully

i finished of playing this campaign, the highborne path specifically, and i must say it was one of the best wc3 campaigns i have the luck to play :ogre_love:. the final chapters as the epilogue shocked me :vw_wtf:.

however, this campaign would be perfect if it had not a certain problem: MUSIC.

idk if it's the wc3 patch i have to play the campaign (v1.30.2), the map has the music bugged or something else. but i noticed the whole campaign has not any music in the background as its previous versions (1.3b and oldest changelogs), and this produces a great lack of epicity while playing. please try to solve that.

about bugs, i just found one when you must fight against the archer inside an instance. when your hero enters to this instance, you can't control your units till the hero gets out from the instance as it should be. but there're moments when my hero gets out and the rest of my units can't be controlled yet.

this is the only problem i've found but the rest of the campaign is perfect!! the content and the storyline are amazing :aa:, highly well elaborated to be just a wc3 fanmade campaign.

now i'll wait patiently for the sentinel path, which is my favorite one :) thx for this titanic job you and your team done man.

We're glad you've enjoyed the Highborne storyline.
The recent patches messed up with some of the things we've done but so far we didn't really had problems with the music in-game. We'll have a look and make sure it's patched.
As of the latest testing which was today, all soundtracks/music worked accordingly. Are you sure you've enabled your music in-game?

Level 1
upload_2019-1-28_11-47-24.png

what's wrong ?

Level 7
the problem is that after interlude (before Chapter 4 Part 1 - Assault on Astranaar ) It closes automatically so i can't play anymore.

Level 5
We're glad you've enjoyed the Highborne storyline.
The recent patches messed up with some of the things we've done but so far we didn't really had problems with the music in-game. We'll have a look and make sure it's patched.
As of the latest testing which was today, all soundtracks/music worked accordingly. Are you sure you've enabled your music in-game?
you're right. the music was dissabled when i've installed the last patch. now i see there're not much problems in the game now. thx.

Level 5
@Turnro great job man. sorry for my anxiety, but i need to ask you about the next update conserning the sentinel path. when will it done? will you make a video explaining the next updates?

i hope you make more tutorial videos too. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7
@Turnro great job man. sorry for my anxiety, but i need to ask you about the next update conserning the sentinel path. when will it done? will you make a video explaining the next updates?

i hope you make more tutorial videos too. :ogre_hurrhurr:

The Sentinel path will be released in a few years.

We'll probably make another video talking about the Sentinel and Highborne path.

Level 10
For all of you who are playing or want to play the campaign on Hard difficulty, I feel that having this item is a necessity for you to win the boss battles in the later chapters. You can acquire it by finishing the demon hunter on chapter 6: Shattered Skies.
I'm on the final boss fight of chapter 10 now, and even after using this item, I'm still struggling and I just managed to reduce the boss's health to half. LOL

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 269
Level 1
Also when Malfurion equipped any items that give bonus damage, health or armor the stat from Twisted Ancient completely gone or only give like a sightly small bonus to Malfurion.

Last edited:
Level 1
Interesting. I'll have a look into this.
Hi there Turnro, big fan of your campaigns and thank you for replying to me. I found another bug, the item Diamond of Summoning i found on chapter 8 Ysera's Heartbeat turn into a Amulet of Recall on chapter 9 The Last Guardian with infinite charge use and no cooldown time. Sorry if my English is a little bad.

Level 1
Hey Turnro, I was very excited to play your campaign and i have done all the missions on hard difficulty already. Also I have found all the legendary items and I defeated Kil'jaeden without lifesteal it was hard and Awesome battle. I just wanted to say thank you for that Awesome Campaign. For those who are in trouble vs Kil'jaeden you should regenerate your hp and mana on mirror phase, when mana and hp is full then kill the last mirror.

Level 3
Sorry,Turnro. I can't wait. Please treat me as a disobedient kid who is naughty and unruly. I must finish translating in 2 weeks. I would begin my work tomorrow. Now I'm apologizing to you for my rudeness and asking for your understanding. Forgive me please!

Level 1
On chapter five I am unsure as to why when I complete the mission the game just crashes. I win through making the heros invisible and sneaked past the base to get to the objective point, I also completed the fountain quested first not sure which is causing the crash. But is it that the wildkin all need to be made dead or is it the completion of the order of the quest which crashes the game?

Edit: Experimenting by using the whosyourdaddy cheat in normal mode to get to the same state, confirms that the glitch was caused by quest completion order. So I think its a weird scripting glitch.

Kinda sad I had to do it that way because I did manage to complete it on hard mode with the legendary equipment.Oh wells was not going to do the same chapter again fully just because of a scripting glitch.

But so far other than that glitch campaign has been really fun.

Last edited:
Level 10
I honestly don't know what to think about the epilogue anymore. It's just too crazy, and I did not think it will be like that. I can see clearly that evil Malfurion was meant to make us hate him as we play ever since he took the fel powers, but still this is too much.
I hope the sentinel storyline will be better. I would say maybe we'll see the final version of that in 2022.

Level 7
I honestly don't know what to think about the epilogue anymore. It's just too crazy, and I did not think it will be like that. I can see clearly that evil Malfurion was meant to make us hate him as we play ever since he took the fel powers, but still this is too much.
I hope the sentinel storyline will be better. I would say maybe we'll see the final version of that in 2022.

I'll give you a hint: He didn't absorb fel powers.
Someone confirms that in Highborne story: Unexpected Measures.
More to be revealed in the Sentinel story :-D

Level 10
I'll give you a hint: He didn't absorb fel powers.
Someone confirms that in Highborne story: Unexpected Measures.
More to be revealed in the Sentinel story :-D
Yeah, I remember that cut-scene and what was said there. I thought that there would be more explanation to it in later chapters. I guess it makes sense now that you said that the sentinel story-line will complement the Highborne's :ogre_haosis:, and I suspect that the powers Furion consumed are related to certain someone in the character list:ogre_datass:

Level 7
Yeah, I remember that cut-scene and what was said there. I thought that there would be more explanation to it in later chapters. I guess it makes sense now that you said that the sentinel story-line will complement the Highborne's :ogre_haosis:, and I suspect that the powers Furion consumed are related to certain someone in the character list:ogre_datass:

People tried to have some sort of expectations for the ending :-D. And surprisingly the opposite happens :-D
So expect the unexpected.
I'm confident that the Sentinel storyline will be more enjoyable since it's the "Good" Story and the Highborne is "Evil" for a reason.

Level 8
Btw, in the Sentinel Storyline we had an optional hero to recluit, Highborne didn't have, why? Although there were enough caracthers to play with.

Level 7
Btw, in the Sentinel Storyline we had an optional hero to recluit, Highborne didn't have, why? Although there were enough caracthers to play with.

Primarily because we wanted to make Malfurion feel more isolated than in the Sentinel story. The evil version wouldn't be interested in finding allies, he would just want more power. The Druid version of Malfurion relies on allies for support in order to fight the Legion.
the 2nd reason you already mentioned. We believe there are enough varied characters to play as in the Highborne version. At some point we thought that the demon hunter from Shattered Skies might be one but you know what happens there if you completed that optional quest.

Level 1
To be honest i liked that there were only 3 heroes. I mean you can't play with full potential of hero when you have 5 or 6 of them. you can't control all of them same time. it was on Jeopardy of the horde when you had a lot of heroes and it was very uncomfortable for me

Level 2
I guess 4 years was worth the wait in exchange for such an epic and awesomely dramatic Highborne storyline. Many elements were effectively a reflection of the darkest side of human nature, although in this case, I would say Malfurion only had himself to blame if I were to compare him with Arthas from the original lore, or any other human being whose dark side was awaken only as a result of the vast majority's negligence for not having regard to his state of mind and personality whenever troubles arise. I was quite surprised though that his personality could have drastically changed out of sudden as compared to others who absorbed such energies. Some of his betrayals were for petty matters; even Kil'jaeden was simply nowhere comparable to him on this aspect.

Notably, the Highborne storyline has an impressive track record, although there are quite a number of aspects where Malfurion was being given the "plot armor" (after all, the title of the campaign is Malfurion's Quest). He was behind the deaths of countless casualties, ranging from first-tier to third-tier, most of which were significant characters whom he killed personally~such a record broke even that of Kil'jaeden (taking into account both campaigns) and Tichondrius. The nature of unexpected/unwilling allegiances out of revenge and subsequent cross-betrayals, as well as several 1-on-1 duels, would be even more enjoyable if it had been a real movie. The final war was also exciting given the number of participating groups, none of which were alliances with one another, and it seems that the leaders from all but one group are fighting to be the No. 1 evil here in a race. In the end, the plot armor is again triggered and the result is obvious.

Last edited:
Level 8
To be honest i liked that there were only 3 heroes. I mean you can't play with full potential of hero when you have 5 or 6 of them. you can't control all of them same time. it was on Jeopardy of the horde when you had a lot of heroes and it was very uncomfortable for me

I know, but I personally would have like to have Velinde or the other hero as allies controlling their forces in some way.

Level 1
emmm I a Chinese player, I have been playing and waiting since the compaign was released the first time.The compaign was so great and fansinating !
However, when I was playing this version 1.4b, I found that some chapters I've played didnt show on the chosen page of the compaign, and the charpter 9 can't work normally.
I was using the 1.30 version of the war3, how could I solve this probem?

Level 7
emmm I a Chinese player, I have been playing and waiting since the compaign was released the first time.The compaign was so great and fansinating !
However, when I was playing this version 1.4b, I found that some chapters I've played didnt show on the chosen page of the compaign, and the charpter 9 can't work normally.
I was using the 1.30 version of the war3, how could I solve this probem?

We are aware that some chapters don't appear in the selection screen upon completion.
This seems to be an issue with Warcraft III itself and the latest patches than Malfurion's Quest. We hope an update will fix this issue.
Chapter 9 doesn't work? As in it doesn't start?
Make sure your version is updated to the recent patch and try again.

Level 3
Great campaign, Even thou the highborne storyline was every bad and really savage. Props to the mapmaker and i hope the sentinel storyline will release soon. I cant wait whats the outcome.

Level 2
Holy mother of god the first boss on the final level is absurd on hard mode. Is there some secret I'm missing? It seems impossible without going back a few chapters to get very specific items.

Everything else thus far has been pretty good, really liked the map design of the eighth mission!

Seriously though, first boss of last mission, their's hard, and then their's unfair.

Level 1
I love this campaign so much, I've been following for 2 years. It's a lot of hella fun and fantastic campaign. I also enjoy your other campaigns. However, I found bugs while playing. My warcraft 3 version is the latest fyi.

1. Tyrande and Illidan sometimes still attacking you while being invulnerable. Illidan bug being most annoying because he will attack you until you die. (something must be related with DOT from Firewave and Mana Break)
  2. Some effects are bugged and doesn't appear after loading up save (eg: Building animations, Furion's firewave etc.)
  3. Malfurion can use his Night Elf Form's spells while using Twisted Ancient against Empress Azshara at the start of fight. (You still have bonus damage)
  4. Lighting orbs are going to demonic gate for no reason and not attacking Malfurion.
  5. Illidan can move freely through trees . kinda unfair :(
Hopefully you can fix these bugs while working on Sentinel part. Thank you!
bug1a.png
bug1b.png
bug2.png
bug3.png
bug4.png
bug5.png

Level 13
I literally just created this profile to thank you for this amazing campaign. Best campaign I have ever played. Blizzard level or higher. Love it. You've put in an incredible amount of work into it, and the result is amazing. Despite the limited time and the buggy patches, you have made an epic and bugless campaign. Seriously in 10 incredibly long chapters I haven't experienced a single bug, which is amazing on it's own. Imo this campaign is the best custom campaign ever made. I know this sounds generic, but believe me I do think so. It kept me interested in Warcraft 3.
A few things that I think would improve this campaign even further, if you ever update the campaign again.These are just cosmetics improvements. I am not experienced in map making but imo it takes a short time to implemet most of them. Don't get me wrong even if you don't do anything it's still imo the golden standard of campaign making.

Again these are just cosmetics improvements. I am not experienced at map making but imo it takes a short time to implemet most of them. Only the first thing in this list is imo the only downside of this perfect campaign, the rest are just improveing perfection:
  1. Magtheridon and his units(felhounds, demonesses, void minions) should remain purple even after joining Malfurion. Red color just doesn't fit them imo, especially Magtheridon. It makes sense storywise as well, since they aren't Malfurion's slaves like the highborne. Maybe change Magtheridon's color to red after drinking Velinde's blood. Keep the building red, just change the units color.
  2. Magtheridon should imo start with some kind of Demon Orb, something similar to what Illidan starts with in the TFT campaign. It would help him attack air units at the start of chapter 8. Maybe the orb could fire projectiles similar to those of a demoness.
  3. Malfurion is able to use Firewave in both his Night Elf form and his Corrupted Ancient form. Maybe change his Corrupted ancient form's Firewave with Blood Mage's Flame Strike. It would give a feeling that you're able to choose between two completely different heroes.
  4. Not really a fan of Demoness parasite icon. Type "Curse" in hive's search bundels and resources and you'll find a dozen imo better icons.
  5. Velinde's model, or rather skin is awesome for a Sentinel General (or Guardian whatever) in missions 5 and 6. From chapter 7 onwards it doesn't really fit a highborne imo, and she may need a diffrent skin. Consider using Shandris skin in here ([Campaign] - Crusade of Sentinels). (If you like it there was a newer and better verseion, but the creator (Apheraz Lucent) removed it for some reason. In his last post he said it's ok to use it if you credit him. Somebody probably still has it. If you don't like it never mind.)
  6. A big fan of a Malfurion skin from mission 6 onwards. However not a big fan of a Malfurion Egyptian skin. Feels out of place. Sadly have no idea of a better model or skin :(
  7. For Azshara's model and skin like above.
  8. It would also make sense for Azshara and her naga in the interludes and mission 9 to change their color to turquoise. Also to change Illidan and naga color in chapter 6 to navy. And in chapter 9 rename lady Darkscale to lady Vashj. Wold be more epic and makes sense Illidan and Lady Vashj.
  9. Change the Satyr's, Corrupted Beast's and Corrupted Treant's/Ancient's color to mint. Fit's perfectly to the story because they are Legion's servants, but not exactly Legion, and are below the Legion. Also change their building's models with (Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion) they are improved a lot. Especially The Tree of Ages/Eternity, now has bats instead of butterflies.
  10. What I would also like is to rename Faradrella to Lunara. Makes a lot of sense. I know that this is an alternate campaign but it takes place in warcraft universe and it's confirmed that Lunara is the oldest , most powerful, and closest to Cenarious of all the dryads. Plus imo Lunara is a much cooler name :D. I don't know if it is too much work, or do you find it worth it but imo it would be a nice improvement, especially if or when you ever work on sentinel storyline. And change her color in chapter three to teal like in chapter eight.
  11. Since you already use wow models for dragon aspects why don't you use their own models instead of recolored Nefarian's (or Onyxia's whatever). They are on the hive. At least Ysera's. It would be much cooler in her boss fight. Also change the green drakes, whelps and dragons color in the boss fight to emerald.
  12. Medivh should keep his chapter 9 skin throungout all campaign. Makes him look more powerful.
  13. Imo chapter 9 is the coolest basbuilding map there is. This is just imo for improvement and I think it would be too much work, but I'll say it. Not really a fan of Shalis's new skin. Not saying it's bad, just that i'm not a fan and imo regular warden skin would fit better. Dark green color would better fit her base. Also it would make sense to import huntresses, sentries, ballistas and druids of the talon in Medivh's base. It makes sense that in the ultimate basebulding mission you fight a complete sentinel race with a complete highborne race. Lot less stalkers, too many imo. Wildkin really feel out of place maybe put them as some kind of semi creeps between the two bases like the ones that guarded the obelisks in chapter 5. It would also be cool to see more furbolgs, with ordinary, trackers, larger and smaller shamans, ursa warriors. Maybe give them their own quazi base, along the two sentinels bases, with an optional quest to destroy it, maybe a furbolg hero. Also it gets kind of monotonous to have six drakes attacking you all the time. Maybe have a way of a dragon, two drakes and three or four whelps. Each of one dragonflight. Example red dragon, drakes and whelps, than green, than bronze etc... Imo it wold be also cool to have red dragonflights colors fixed at red or maroon, green at emerald, bronze in orange or peanut. Would also fit to add blue dragonflight. I know that in warcraft 3 time the blue aspect is insane and locked in his fortress, but in winterspring there are blue dragons charged with protecting Nordrassil. The demons attacks also get kind of monotonous with too many doomguards, felguards, hounds and eredar. Perhaps add shivara and succubi. I know that we killed their leader, but makes sense that a lot of them would still serve Kil'jaden and Kazzak. It would also be cool imo to add a satyr base thet is allied with the legion, and an optional quest to destroy it. Would give more verstibility. I know it's too much work but I'm just saying it.
  14. Sotrywise it would be better if Malfurion didn't kill Kath'ranis, but forced him to drink his blood instead, making him an unwilling, mindless slave like Velinde. Making Kath'ranis playable throughout chapters 7, 8 and 9. In the end when Illidan kills Velinde and she thanks him, Kath'ranis begs Illidan to kill him as well, but Illidan refuses saying that he doesn't deserve it for betraying him. In the epilogue we would see enslaved Kath'ranis. I know this is too much work as well, but just saying.
  15. The epilogue feels a few levels below the rest of the chapters and interludes. i think it would be awesome to aide a bit lines with Furion suffering and stuff. This is understandable due to limited time. And i know it is too much work in fixing the epilogue.
Don't get me wrong even if you don't like any of my thoughts it's still a golden standard campaign and the best i ever played.

Last edited:
Level 3
can anyone one help me my game crashed at chap 9 when magtheridon was going for a sucicde attack on kiljaden. is there anyone else that has expirienced to same problem?

Level 7
can anyone one help me my game crashed at chap 9 when magtheridon was going for a sucicde attack on kiljaden. is there anyone else that has expirienced to same problem?

That might be a Warcraft III bug due to the recent patch.
A solution will be worked on in the next patch.
Use "whosyourdaddy" up until that point to reach it faster, then disable it as you're triggering the cutscene. It should work.
Unfortunately, this bug happens whenever the map goes for a lengthier time.

Level 2
Am i the only one got crashed when trying to load this custom campaign saved games ? Just play till chapter 3 then when i try to load, the game just crashed. My warcraft patch is 1.29.1.9120 Public test

Level 31
How many years would you Guess it would take until 2.0 is realized?

It will be at least a couple of years away.

Am i the only one got crashed when trying to load this custom campaign saved games ? Just play till chapter 3 then when i try to load, the game just crashed. My warcraft patch is 1.29.1.9120 Public test

Malfurion's Quest isn't compatible with v1.29. You have to update your Warcraft 3 version to the latest patch, which is currently 1.30.4.

Level 7
And here is error screenshot after crashing of the game.
Thank you for the answer, really want to know how the story continues.

View attachment 315372

Use "whosyourdaddy" up until that point to reach it faster, then disable it as you're triggering the cutscene. It should work.

Level 1

You are talking about War III patch? or Malfurion quest final version?
Or it will be fixed with next War III patch? Thanks for the answer, I am not used to use cheats, but anyway thx.
Really great job, both of you.

Level 3
will there be separat legendaries in the sentinel campaign and highborne because its 2 different paths if you know what i mean

Level 10
All that I know is that the Sentinel stroyline will provide us the full closure to the story. It will be greater than the Highborne's story and I'm not saying that it is bad. I just didn't like how Mal'furion's character ended up doing along the way, but the gameplay and everything else is legendary tier. I don't care how much the development of the Sentinel storylike takes, whither it gets released on 2022 or 2023 or 2024. I can wait, and I will be watching from a far lol