• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 30
Hey guys! The interlude "Realm of the Demigod" is now complete! I have also altered the scene is be less white.

183891-albums7057-picture108645.jpg

The next map I'll be working on in Malfurion's Quest will be Chapter 6 of the Sentinel storyline title "Cave of Shadows". I am also in the process of polishing Jeopardy for the Horde, which will bring this old campaign some much needed updates.

Level 4
Quick question:
Thought about the sentinel basic melee unit's self heal ability, do you think it would be better to make it trigger automaticaly when the unit is at a certain amount of HP, rather than needing to use it manualy? It's just me not being good at micro, so I just throwing out this idea here :D
Update looking good btw *-* want...neeed..mooarrr o_o!

Level 3
King of Andor and unexperience beta tester

When i play your campagin Twice.i was thinking the cave of shadow.(Warning this will be a redicolous and cannot be reconsider until Turno decide to consider it or not).Do u remember the annihilation of Lordareon? Well i was thinking some of the human survivors take refuge in the cave of shadow and humans were bearly keep the Creeps in check(and the leaders of the human survivors are friends of Rowin)and they were Leaders and only half of the humans survive but near of annihilation.(again this will be redicolous and i try)

Last edited:
Level 28
I kinda agree with Mr. Tic here, when you have a lot of troops then battle, it's quite hard to manually activate their spells, you have to select your units which limits only to 12 slots

You can control units group that will be much easier :)

Saludos amigo, como estas?. si te gusto campaña (y eso que esta aun esta sin terminar te invito a jugar las otras campañas de Turno, hasta la fecha te puedo decir que esta campaña lleva haciendose desde aprox 2 años, eso es por que el Editor Turno tiene tambien vida propia xD, para cuando estara terminada lo mas seguro sea para el año que viene digo yo, pero habra que esperar y darle tiempo al tiempo.

y claro por supuesto que puedes jugar las misiones que estan listas si tienes algun problema no olvides comentarlo en el foro. si tienes el bug del parche 1.27a ( que es un preparche) que cuando descargas mapas te salen en como "otra campaña de warcraft 3" eso por que el mismo parche. ni yo mismo puedo jugar las otras campañas por esta razon te invito a comentar en el foro acerca del problema para hacerle saber a Turno. GRaciAs por leer si tienes otra pregunta hazlo saber.

What is that language doing here?

Level 3
One thing I learned from the Warcraft lore is that most races judge others by the appearence.

Let´s analyze the alliance: humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes and draenei; all asthetically ''beautiful'' races. The horde on other hand are more like a federation of the 'rejected' races (orcs, trolls, tauren, undeads, blood elves). The alliance sees in general orcs and trolls as as bloodthirsty savages, undeads as abominations (even if they didn´t choose to become undeads) and goblins as self-serving backstabbers.

The Night Elves would prefer to ally with the humans than with the orcs because of their culture. Orcs are capable of great nobility, but their culture is in many aspects warrior-like, which clashes with the Night Elves' peaceful and nature-loving mindset. Human culture, in many aspects, resemble a lot more of the Night Elves, even if they use magic. The magic of the Alliance is based on the Light, an universally-considered benevolent religion, so I guess the elves wouldn´t be bothered.

The matter of the high elves is intriguing, yes. What do the Night Elves think of the fact that the humans are allied with the descendants of the highbourne, the same race that allowed the Burning Legion to reach Azeroth?
true paladins and priests uses the light but mages such as Jaina, keal'thas, Rhonin, the mysyic blood elf who teamed with ROWAN (can't remember his name), Antoniadas and ALL members of the kirin tor uses ARCANE MAGIC and not the light, and in the lore taurens and trolls uses the light as well so in a way the excuse that the allaince uses the light is out of the window since the horde does so as well and the horde kicked out all warlock (and most likely mages) out of the horde. (the horde and allaince first accepted them in the events of wow which takes place after this and even then none of the two sides likes them and the night elves agreed to)

as for the race part remember that in this story the blood elfs STAYED with the allaince, and the night elves have more in commen with the tauren because both learned about the way of the druids by cenaries and can enter the emerald dream, they both love nature and furbolds, they are both peaceful and is quite the warriors when needed. and do i have to name the orc broxigar? he was one of the reasons the night elves won the war of the ancients, and the taurens helped to (in the altered time line). the orcs and trolls might be savage but unlike the dwarves and gnomes they still care alot about the nature and elements since orcs has shamans, and trolls has shamans and druids, and after mannaroths death the majority of orcs were cures from the blood curse. and remeber in turnros story the orcs aren't allied with the undead, and deathwing hasn't blown up the goblings island so none of those two are a pat of the horde (race wise) and the numbers of horde magic user are LOOOOOOOOOOW if they even have any (outcast such as warlock/demon worshippers/traitors/renegades/bandits/ect. does not count).

as for the whole ''beautiful'' and 'rejected' thing, why does the night elves then work with the furbolds when they are beast creatures like the taurens with similar lifestyles (exept the nomad part) and in turnros story malfurion and tyrande (if you chose) ally themselves with the mukari (the lobster people)

and remember the night elves goddes Elune is a WAR goddes which in my openion sounds a bit like the orcs, and one of the loas the trolls worship is elune (well for the dark trolls at least) and many of the other loas are the wild gods/demigods that furbolds and night elves druids worship, and in WC3 the orcs says that the night elves are savage to, so they are similar in that sense sense it is stated (i got this bit from nobbel87) that the night elves are warrior-like to while the high/blood elves are arcane/mage-like. and taurens as well as most darkspear trolls and orcs (for the most parts) nature-based while humans, dwaves, gnomes high/blood elves are city-based, looking at allaince cities and then back to horde and night elves i would say horde comes closer. and theres also the fact that the humans at one point after learning arcane magic by the high elves again almost caugth the attention of the burning legion.

and in WC3 the night elves ally with the dark troll clan "the Shadowtooth clan" and remember dark trolls are said to be the most savage, biggest, strongest and brutal of troll kind (plus they are cannibals), and the night elves allowed them to be so close to them and allied with them, and i think it's safe to say that the dark trolls are more savage then the darkspear (and maybe most orcs is you consider it) who are the smallest, weakest, calm and most intelligent of troll kind and the orcs taugth them the cannibalisem is bad (i don't know if zandalari is clevere then the darkspear or not).

i know that in WC3 grom killed Cenarius, but to be fair he attacket first without questions instead of telling the orcs and troll so they just made self-defence and the night elves was to blame for the orcs drinking mannaroths blood by almost wiping out groms camps and clan and made them desperate to survive, so he kind of had i coming and has to blame himself, he and the night elves could have told the orcs that the forrests was sacred and that the orcs cities should be build in another area, then maybe grom wouldn't have to to drink the blood and kill cenarious and become a slave ones more along with his clan.

sorry for the long post :,) i hope i don't annoy you guys

Last edited:
Level 3
true paladins and priests uses the light but mages such as Jaina, keal'thas, Rhonin, the mysyic blood elf who teamed with ROWAN (can't remember his name), Antoniadas and ALL members of the kirin tor uses ARCANE MAGIC and not the light, and in the lore taurens and trolls uses the light as well so in a way the excuse that the allaince uses the light is out of the window since the horde does so as well and the horde kicked out all warlock (and most likely mages) out of the horde. (the horde and allaince first accepted them in the events of wow which takes place after this and even then none of the two sides likes them and the night elves agreed to)

as for the race part remember that in this story the blood elfs STAYED with the allaince, and the night elves have more in commen with the tauren because both learned about the way of the druids by cenaries and can enter the emerald dream, they both love nature and furbolds, they are both peaceful and is quite the warriors when needed. and do i have to name the orc broxigar? he was one of the reasons the night elves won the war of the ancients, and the taurens helped to (in the altered time line). the orcs and trolls might be savage but unlike the dwarves and gnomes they still care alot about the nature and elements since orcs has shamans, and trolls has shamans and druids, and after mannaroths death the majority of orcs were cures from the blood curse. and remeber in turnros story the orcs aren't allied with the undead, and deathwing hasn't blown up the goblings island so none of those two are a pat of the horde (race wise) and the numbers of horde magic user are LOOOOOOOOOOW if they even have any (outcast such as warlock/demon worshippers/traitors/renegades/bandits/ect. does not count).

as for the whole ''beautiful'' and 'rejected' thing, why does the night elves then work with the furbolds when they are beast creatures like the taurens with similar lifestyles (exept the nomad part) and in turnros story malfurion and tyrande (if you chose) ally themselves with the mukari (the lobster people)

and remember the night elves goddes Elune is a WAR goddes which in my openion sounds a bit like the orcs, and one of the loas the trolls worship is elune (well for the dark trolls at least) and many of the other loas are the wild gods/demigods that furbolds and night elves druids worship, and in WC3 the orcs says that the night elves are savage to, so they are similar in that sense sense it is stated (i got this bit from nobbel87) that the night elves are warrior-like to while the high/blood elves are arcane/mage-like. and taurens as well as most darkspear trolls and orcs (for the most parts) nature-based while humans, dwaves, gnomes high/blood elves are city-based, looking at allaince cities and then back to horde and night elves i would say horde comes closer. and theres also the fact that the humans at one point after learning arcane magic by the high elves again almost caugth the attention of the burning legion.

and in WC3 the night elves ally with the dark troll clan "the Shadowtooth clan" and remember dark trolls are said to be the most savage, biggest, strongest and brutal of troll kind (plus they are cannibals), and the night elves allowed them to be so close to them and allied with them, and i think it's safe to say that the dark trolls are more savage then the darkspear (and maybe most orcs is you consider it) who are the smallest, weakest, calm and most intelligent of troll kind and the orcs taugth them the cannibalisem is bad (i don't know if zandalari is clevere then the darkspear or not).

i know that in WC3 grom killed Cenarius, but to be fair he attacket first without questions instead of telling the orcs and troll so they just made self-defence and the night elves was to blame for the orcs drinking mannaroths blood by almost wiping out groms camps and clan and made them desperate to survive, so he kind of had i coming and has to blame himself, he and the night elves could have told the orcs that the forrests was sacred and that the orcs cities should be build in another area, then maybe grom wouldn't have to to drink the blood and kill cenarious and become a slave ones more along with his clan.

sorry for the long post :,) i hope i don't annoy you guys

True but in malfurion quest Turno must decide to consider it or not. And Must be clarify the one orc enter the night elves realm.[/QUOTE]

Level 3
True but in malfurion quest Turno must decide to consider it or not. And Must be clarify the one orc enter the night elves realm.
[/QUOTE]
do you think turnro is/was reading our long conversation about this? it's not really hard to miss when scrolling down. Nonetheless i still like his campaigns and his stories :) it was just some curiosity about the whole human/NE team-up that got me into this LONG post conversation... oops sorry <:)

Level 30
Hey guys! Many of you are aware that I'm working on updating Jeopardy of the Horde (Not Jeopardy for the Horde as it was formally known). All the new features and improvements have been added to the campaign, and I'm now in the process of polishing each map. At the moment, about 50% of the maps have been polished.

Jeopardy of the Horde will receive a lot of changes, but the main ones are:
- A new interlude titled "Conflicts of the Past"
- New items to find with legendary ones in Hard difficulty
- New awesome music during cinematics and gameplay
- Hotkeys changed to QWER
- Numerous bug fixes

I am planning for Jeopardy of the Horde v3.0 to be released on 10th July 2016.

Level 28
Hey guys! Many of you are aware that I'm working on updating Jeopardy of the Horde (Not Jeopardy for the Horde as it was formally known). All the new features and improvements have been added to the campaign, and I'm now in the process of polishing each map. At the moment, about 50% of the maps have been polished.

- Numerous bug fixes

This is really good news man! I'm glad you still working on Jeopardy of the Horde as well, Good Luck :D

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I just responded to the comment of a forum member Xarkno

Now let me ask you a question: really believe you that there is only one culture in the world? :)
Doesn't change the fact that the forum posts are to be english only,
but I don't think this needs any further discussion, it should be okay.

Also: Absolutely Off-Topic, please don't discuss such things here,
use profile posts or a new thread if you really want to continue a
conversation about this.

Level 3

conversation about this.

You are right about that. me apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
I send a greeting from a distance.:)

- Numerous bug fixes

My thanks for making the remake of this Custom Campaign.
I give me great pleasure to play again this Lore-Play Alternative. :D

Level 3

conversation about this.

Yo Shard. so did you quit hiveworkshop or don't want to contiue the campagin of your just asking?

Level 3
When i play your campagin Twice.i was thinking the cave of shadow.(Warning this will be a redicolous and cannot be reconsider until Turno decide to consider it or not).Do u remember the annihilation of Lordareon? Well i was thinking some of the human survivors take refuge in the cave of shadow and humans were bearly keep the Creeps in check(and the leaders of the human survivors are friends of Rowin)and they were Leaders and only half of the humans survive but near of annihilation.(again this will be redicolous and i try)Edit: just repost seem anybody dosent even care to change my opinion or my theory

Level 30
When i play your campagin Twice.i was thinking the cave of shadow.(Warning this will be a redicolous and cannot be reconsider until Turno decide to consider it or not).Do u remember the annihilation of Lordareon? Well i was thinking some of the human survivors take refuge in the cave of shadow and humans were bearly keep the Creeps in check(and the leaders of the human survivors are friends of Rowin)and they were Leaders and only half of the humans survive but near of annihilation.(again this will be redicolous and i try)Edit: just repost seem anybody dosent even care to change my opinion or my theory

I actually read this post a while back, but didn't reply to it as I have already planned the story of Chapter 6. I would have considered this idea if I wanted to create a human, orc and night elf uniting idea against the Burning Legion, but I want to keep the story focused on the night elves.

OH...okay.I asked you because two or three years have passed since the last update...

I actually updated Malfurion's Quest near the start of the year with new maps. This campaign is a work in progress and I plan to have another update later in the year releasing the maps for Chapter 6.

Level 3
While you develop this custom campaign aimed at the history of the night elves as you will want to do that from the beginning, but what if you develop the epilogue in several parts where if you can there add to humans, orcs and elves together against the Burning Legion?

What you think about this suggestion Turnro? :)

Please feel free to respond at any time.

And excuse me for my English. I'm still learning.:D

Level 12

- Numerous bug fixes

please, more Drak'Thul :)

Level 5
(Maybe soft spoilers ahead)

Hey, just finished it and it was, so far I played, AWESOME!
I just made Furion consume the well and I love the highborn race altough their melee units or better the one I prefer to use since they can be healed, seem to be a bit weak. Also he feels very powerful and his ultimate, jeez! Only issue here is that the channeling is a bit too long, since there are many units that can stun. I also love his companion, teleporting around is just awesome. Troops dead, heros alive - teleport: "I don't give a fuck, screw you!" :D

Please continue, I can't wait for it. At the end of chapter 5 I was like "WTF just happened here and how is it going to be continued? O.O" because it was freakin' epic and stuff.

The temple was very, very beautiful - the environment at all as awesome. I played all your campaigns but jeopardy of the horde since I desperately hate orcs and this is by far the cake of all. I wish there would be more, less complicated (The chosen ones, To the bitter end - wtf?) and awesome campaigns out there.

Hard to find some good ones off the hive because google isnt any helpful at this matter.
What will be with Maggy? I will wait. And dare you to abandon this project :p
If I could map myself a brilliant campaign I would do it, but it seems rather complicated with all that model, skin and trigger, cinematic stuff... I really don't know where I should begin and what I would need further if I wanted to start creating something by myself.

So, I will keep enjoying your campaings, keep it up! 6/5 by now.

Level 5
(Maybe soft spoilers ahead)

Hey, just finished it and it was, so far I played, AWESOME!
I just made Furion consume the well and I love the highborn race altough their melee units or better the one I prefer to use since they can be healed, seem to be a bit weak. Also he feels very powerful and his ultimate, jeez! Only issue here is that the channeling is a bit too long, since there are many units that can stun. I also love his companion, teleporting around is just awesome. Troops dead, heros alive - teleport: "I don't give a fuck, screw you!" :D

Please continue, I can't wait for it. At the end of chapter 5 I was like "WTF just happened here and how is it going to be continued? O.O" because it was freakin' epic and stuff.

The temple was very, very beautiful - the environment at all as awesome. I played all your campaigns but jeopardy of the horde since I desperately hate orcs and this is by far the cake of all. I wish there would be more, less complicated (The chosen ones, To the bitter end - wtf?) and awesome campaigns out there.

Hard to find some good ones off the hive because google isnt any helpful at this matter.
What will be with Maggy? I will wait. And dare you to abandon this project :p
If I could map myself a brilliant campaign I would do it, but it seems rather complicated with all that model, skin and trigger, cinematic stuff... I really don't know where I should begin and what I would need further if I wanted to start creating something by myself.

So, I will keep enjoying your campaings, keep it up! 6/5 by now.
Turnro's on this for a lllloooooooonnnngggg time... So he ain't abandoning this plus he's busy updating jeopardy of the horde :p I hope to see an updated version of ROTS :D

Level 1
I have a question , why i cannot acces " Interlude - The Legion's Return " and " Interlude - Realm of the Demigod " , tho you said there that the interludes are both complete and i ended the both campaigns with Highborne and Sentinels.

Level 30
I have a question , why i cannot acces " Interlude - The Legion's Return " and " Interlude - Realm of the Demigod " , tho you said there that the interludes are both complete and i ended the both campaigns with Highborne and Sentinels.

Hi Revenbro,

Those interludes are not in the current version of Malfurion's Quest as they were completed after the last update I did. The maps will be available in the next update once I have completed more maps.

Level 3

is because it haven't post the newest update

Level 5
Hey Tunro, since you are one of not so many active mappers, did you mind to create a campaign that goes around naga?

Maybe an alternate timeline between ... lets say the fall of Azshara and Illidan (TFT)? Because I am not sure if they just did nothing in these many years ^^
I know you have much at your hands and creativity may has limits but would you basically consider it?
I love naga but they're pretty much forgotten, I saw no campaign by now that uses them in any way but neutral creeps, which is a shame because its an entire race being abandoned x)

Level 30
Hey Tunro, since you are one of not so many active mappers, did you mind to create a campaign that goes around naga?

Maybe an alternate timeline between ... lets say the fall of Azshara and Illidan (TFT)? Because I am not sure if they just did nothing in these many years ^^
I know you have much at your hands and creativity may has limits but would you basically consider it?
I love naga but they're pretty much forgotten, I saw no campaign by now that uses them in any way but neutral creeps, which is a shame because its an entire race being abandoned x)

Probably not. While there are no naga campaigns that I know of, I don't want to deviate from other campaigns at the moment.

Level 8
Because they aren't in the file of the download file, Turnro hasn't updated the current file of the campaign with the new maps.

Level 1
Hi Revenbro,

Those interludes are not in the current version of Malfurion's Quest as they were completed after the last update I did. The maps will be available in the next update once I have completed more maps.
Belive me that i cannot wait to see the interludes and play the campaign. So far the best campaign untill now! Keep up the good work, I am looking forward to play and admire your work. :)

Level 20
Hm - I'm working on something else, but maybe I'll take a break and do a short naga campaign. It'd be fairly simple and as my first project ever to be released (with dozens of maps and a few complete campaigns scrapped in the past due to being crappy), so you shouldn't potentially expect anything special, but I guess it's better than nothing. No promises, though.

What I was thinking, though is the time period after Illidan gets murdered at the Frozen Throne - i.e. what Naga and Blood Elves do after that, assuming that Arthas' didn't fuck up and actually managed to kill Illidan.

Level 5
Hm - I'm working on something else, but maybe I'll take a break and do a short naga campaign. It'd be fairly simple and as my first project ever to be released (with dozens of maps and a few complete campaigns scrapped in the past due to being crappy), so you shouldn't potentially expect anything special, but I guess it's better than nothing. No promises, though.

What I was thinking, though is the time period after Illidan gets murdered at the Frozen Throne - i.e. what Naga and Blood Elves do after that, assuming that Arthas' didn't fuck up and actually managed to kill Illidan.

Sounds fairly interesting, but I thought Illidan didnt get killed because of BC o.o

Level 7
Quite a few have asked me when will be next missions from malfurions quest... judging by that, they like your work alot, and i do as well -
just because im out of picture, can i ask for next update´s release date (even if its estimated)?

Level 9
oh yeah right lol
to tell the truth I really loved every campaign you made
they're PERFECT!
especially Malfurion's Quest
To me it was really hard on some chapters
Resurrection of the Scourge was great too
though the final mission was quite hard but nothing I couldn't deal with :D
waiting for the next update on this one

Level 30
Quite a few have asked me when will be next missions from malfurions quest... judging by that, they like your work alot, and i do as well -
just because im out of picture, can i ask for next update´s release date (even if its estimated)?

At the moment, it looks like I'll be able to push another update in December (but I'll see how I go).

Now time for some news :) I won't be able to finish the update for Jeopardy of the Horde by next week, so I'm postponing it to the 24th July. Most of the maps have been polished, and I'm now in the process of working on the last three chapters. In particular, the main orcish settlement of the story, Santron, has been vastly improved from the barren town it once was.

full

Last edited:
Level 5
Looks good Turnro :D though I have a bit of a question.... will we see more of Rexxar after the ogre chapter? Rexxar is one of my favorite chars and I would love to see him more in this campaign :D

Level 20
Sounds fairly interesting, but I thought Illidan didnt get killed because of BC o.o
Yeah, and I've decided to roll with the BC/WoW lore.

I don't want to hijack this thread too much - this is a place to discuss Turnro's projects. (sorry, man, I hope you don't mind!)

All I will say is that yes, I'm working on the Naga mini-campaign (3 missions + 2 cinematics). I'm already done with concepting, writing a script & greatly expanding naga toolkit. Currently testing and balancing the nagas + making an intro. Will make my own thread once I'm done with a beta version. As I've said, don't expect anything special - but it should be quite fun.