• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making Unit Rise Out of the Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I know how to give a unit a negative flying height by holding shift and entering a negative number so it starts below ground. I have a trigger to increase the unit's flying height to put it up above ground when it spawns so that a "rising" effect plays as a pyramid comes up out of the ground. Problem is it doesn't move.

I know you can't put a unit's flying height to negative numbers with triggers, but I thought this would work because I'm putting it to 0 with the trigger, which is not a negative number. The unit does not react to the trigger. Is this effect possible?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
If I recall correctly only flying units and maybe also hovering units can have their flying height changed by triggers. There is a method with Crow Form to make every unit a flying unit I think.

Level 7
Changing flying height of a unit that does not start with their flying height below 0 is no problem and I do all the time.

I have tried making the unit every movement type and I add and remove crow form before changing the flying height just for good measure. Doesn't work with this negative flying height unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.