• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making something 480x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Well. I've been very confused with the 480x480 size, because is it possible to make it into a b.net map? Wouldn't it lag like shit? Im currently thinking about just starting a map but at least IF i finish it would it be playable? Offcourse i will put enough doodads in it, but i don't want to go over the limit... if there is any way of creating a map this big without lag then... How? Or does it lag at all? Thats the main question.

And if it turns out that it lags and i make it singleplayer, could i place as many doodads in the map without making the player get immense lag?

I've never made a map this big, neither have i seen anyone ever host this. So i best just ask this before i make it and it turns out it just lags like hell in both ways and it was all for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.