• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making an active ability causing negative effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Specifically, I am trying to make a speed ability based off of the Item Move Speed Bonus (found in Boots of Speed) that, rather than increasing speed by sixty, decreases speed by 60. I am aware there are buffs that decrease speed . . . that won't work for what I am doing, I think. So. If anyone knows a resource that allows me to do this or a way to do this, that'd be great.

One condition, it must be an ability.

Level 28
Go to file -> preference -> check the box of allow negative real values on object editor.

Then open object editor go to ability tab look for the movement speed ability of the boots of speed go data - movement speed bonus clicked it once then hold shift then press enter then put -60.

I'm not sure about this if it will decrease the units speed, but try it.

Level 8
Some item-based abilities won't show up at the info card of the unit, so if that happens you might want to consider using one of those Auras as the base instead (Unholy Aura, if I'm not mistaken, gives speed. The Tornado aura slows but I think it doesn't come up either). Make sure the target is only "self".

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Endurance Aura, Unholy Aura, Tornado Slow, Bloodlust, Berserk...

Once you activate negative values for triggers, you can put -X% in any of those to lower MS.

Level 33
Using the Item Movement Speed Bonus ability doesn't give you the aura or the icon in your UI box

While altering one's movement speed via trigger is a mess whereby you need to keep track of its current speed, save it first then load it later and set it back to default and all, it's a bit messy compared to use the passive ability which you will only need to add and remove the ability at its correct duration

Status
Not open for further replies.