• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slow Aura {making an Endurance Aura with negative values affect structures}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hey! I was wondering how i would go around making an aura that slows emeny units attack speed and movement speed. I was planning on just using negatives with edurance aura, but it just sets them to 0. Would i have to use triggers? If so, how.

Thanks!
P.S also could it add the frost attacks 'slowed' animation (not the ability since aura should do that) to units effected <--- not completley necesary

Level 6
hi feerme3,

It`s pretty easy i`ve allready used that trick for a - attack and a -armor aura.

So the trick is you have to go to "data>settings" and just say "allow negative Real-values in object-editor" and you can use your endurance-aura as you wanted to do.

PS: sorry if my english is bad

Level 5
hi feerme3,

It`s pretty easy i`ve allready used that trick for a - attack and a -armor aura.

So the trick is you have to go to "data>settings" and just say "allow negative Real-values in object-editor" and you can use your endurance-aura as you wanted to do.

PS: sorry if my english is bad

Oh, Great thanks! but... how would i get it to work on buildings to effect their attack speed? I added 'structure' but no effect

Last edited:
Level 14
Make sure you have at least these selected.

Friend, Invulnerable, Structure, Vulnerable

The effect works fine for me.

If you're wanting it to affect enemies not allies, you'll want it to actually have:
Enemy, Ground, Air, Structure.

You do not want it to affect invulnerable units as suggested above because that would mean even using something like Divine Shield would not allow you to escape the effects of the Aura. You don't need to add "Vulnerable" to that list though, as Warcraft 3 makes that assumption automatically.

Level 9
sorry it's Data>Presettings

You find Data in the upper left corner of you World editor

And "Presettings" is the first you find in the fifth part of the Menu "Data"
(i'm not sure if it's named presettings because i got the German Worldeditor)

ok thx, it's actually File<Preferences in the English version, I looked there before, but now I saw the part where u can make values negative

+rep

Level 5
In order for structures to display their buffs you need to set the gameplay constant value for "Building Status Display Effects" to true.

I can't seem to find this. :sad:

and i realized i needed to add Mechanical to the target list for structures

Status
Not open for further replies.