• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Invisible Aura Like Tornado (Slow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm looking for an aura in the object editor that doesn't appear in the unit's abilities.
I was using Tornado (Slow) but I've encountered issues where if I manipulate a unit's movement speed which is currently being affected by Tornado (Slow) there is an extremely high chance it will permanently glitch that unit's movement speed.

For example, when a speed buff ends it will make the unit's movement speed go from 391 to 390.5.
Even triggering movement speed changes doesn't help.

Can anyone tell me an alternative to this ability?

Level 5
Iirc you can make any ability invisible by setting its y position to -11.

So in that case, just pick any other aura and just hide it that way.

Level 12
If you're using the latest warcraft 3 patch you can use the option to hide abilities with a trigger in the world editor.

Otherwise what you would usually have to do (other than tinkering with negative button positions) is to add your desired aura to a spellbook and make the spellbook unavailable to the player, for some reason that prevents the spellbook icon from showing up on the command card, but you still have the abilities from inside the spellbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.