• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Invisible Buff Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi

The only thing i need is an aura with an invisible buff icon, like tornado damage aura, but the problem there is that the buff counts only if the damage is greater than 0, and it shouldnt deal damage.
some guys said that the tornado slow aura buff is invisible, but it isnt :(, i tried out and a buff appeared.
any suggestions or ideas?

ty

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
What is that buff for? U can tell us why u need that buff for what trigger and may be we can find other way to deal with it without placing a buff (since the only ability that has invisible buff is Tornado Damage Aura :D)

Last edited:
Level 17
the tornado slow aura has no invisible buff..
im doing an out of combat system, well and i check every 0.5 seconds for EVERY UNIT if theres an enemy near of it. cause my map is an orpg there are too much units on map and the trigger works for every unit, so it lags a bit.
what i want to do is to reduce the units in the unit group.
i thought about that: give each unit an aura with 900 range that affects enemies but does nothing. and then i only pick every unit with that aura buff, so it wont lag (i tried it out with an aura with visible buff)

Level 17
i already did that, that was my idea too but i did it like that:
every unit that is near enemy is in combat
every unit that is near an ally that is in combat is in combat

so they wont have the buff always and theyre still in combat

Level 10
Create 2 different passives one, with a buff saying 'out of combat' one saying 'in combat', and make the unit with the spell have out of combat, and trigger it to disable or remove it, then enable 'in combat'

Level 17
Why not picked the units without using buffs?

Here: Example
[trigger
Events

Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time

Conditions
Actions

Set TempPoint = (Position of (<YOUR HERO>))
Set TempGroup = (Units within 900.00 of TempPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (<YOUR HERO>))) Equal to True)))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)

Loop - Actions

-------- Put the trigger you want here! --------

Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)

[/trigger]
This will only pick enemy units that is currently alive.

well i have over 600 units on map, it will have huge lags cause it creates 600 point and groups every 0.05 seconds

@cromox: i could do it like that, my question was if i can do it only with buffs, but it seems like there is no invisible one

Level 17
i already did that, that was my idea too but i did it like that:
every unit that is near enemy is in combat
every unit that is near an ally that is in combat is in combat

so they wont have the buff always and theyre still in combat

it is something like unit in combat system, what have in spell section, that dont need buff, just timer+unit indexer

Level 17
-.-
most of the combat systems here on hive depend on if the unit takes damage or casts a spell, so you can abuse them too much.

well i did it with timer and unit indexer and so on (everything works)
BUT the problem is that too much units are selected for the trigger, the only questin i rly have is: is there an aura that has invisible buff or not?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Simple answer - No. Why would you need to hide buffs anyway, if your system works and is enjoyable, nobody will care if there are 5 buffs on the units or no buffs.

With that being said, you want an aura that gives the units buffs but the buffs aren't seen.
In that case you don't want an aura. No aura. (insert random mind control joke here~)

Yuri: "Your thoughts, my ideas..."

tumblr_ljnyez0flu1qc1xs3o1_500.jpg

Right, now that yuri has you under mind control, you want to create a unit-group for the units then place the poor suckers in. Anyone in the group does what you want it to do.

By making a unit group, you don't have to pick units anymore, you just need to check if some unit is in the unit group or not. Or if the unit group contains X units, if yes do this if not do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.