• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Making buffs invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there any way to make buffs invisible, so they won't show an icon in the unit's status bar? Even if I remove tooltip, icon and description, it will steal some other buff's icon and show "tooltip missing".

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
In WarCraft III it is not possible as buffs are prety hard coded (all buffs must have an icon and most things that create a buff always create a buff). You can however try and use abilities which do not create buffs and triggers to obtain the same or simlar results to abilities that do create buffs. The exact method of doing this (if possible) depends on the ability you want to use but not make a buff.

In StarCraft II this is possible via setting the hidden flag on the behaviour.

Level 2
Thanks for your replies, but what about the hardcoded buffs that don't have tooltip and icons, like "frozen" or "drain life? Will they do the same as other empty buffs, or do the abilities using them hide them?

Anyway, the buffs I was trying to hide were from command aura (a side effect of my vampiric aura that already gives a buff), and tornado slow which gives a hero glow to non-hero models. I know I can use triggers to give that damage bonus instead of command aura, but that isn't very efficient way of doing it. And I have no idea how to make the heroglow work without tornado slow, as it changes the glow to the color of the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.