• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] How to add Slow to Avatar Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Everyone.

I need help with an ability that gives Armor, Health and a bit of damage to the user but that also gives slow to Movement Speed and Attack Speed as sides effect. I was going to use and modify the Avatar ability since it fits perfectly with the requirements but i don't know how to add the slow. Also if someone knows a nice effect for this ability i would appriciate cause i don't know what and how to use.

Level 2
Use Metamorphosis ability instead.

Thats a great idea actually thank you ahahah I could try making the same unit but with different stats like slower movement speed and slower attack speed and put it as Metamorp. right? i'll give it a shoot. What about the graphic effect? i would like the Model to have(Magroth the defender) somekind of effect that makes the Unit looks stronger than before, like the Avatar for Mountain King or the Metamorph for Demon Hunter. Im pretty bad with this kind of stuff still... thanks a lot for the help and if you any tips for that i would apriciate it alot.

Level 28
Thats a great idea actually thank you ahahah I could try making the same unit but with different stats like slower movement speed and slower attack speed and put it as Metamorp. right? i'll give it a shoot. What about the graphic effect? i would like the Model to have(Magroth the defender) somekind of effect that makes the Unit looks stronger than before, like the Avatar for Mountain King or the Metamorph for Demon Hunter. Im pretty bad with this kind of stuff still... thanks a lot for the help and if you any tips for that i would apriciate it alot.
You can either edit the model or trigger it. For the latter you can do this :

A unit Starts the effect of an ability

(Ability being cast) Equal to Metamorphosis

Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using : <insert effect here>

Level 2
You can either edit the model or trigger it. For the latter you can do this :

A unit Starts the effect of an ability

(Ability being cast) Equal to Metamorphosis

Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using : <insert effect here>

It works! thanks a lot for the help. now i only need to make the Normal Magroth different from the Alternate Version. Which software should i use for that?

Level 2
How do you mean by "different from the alternate version" ?

I mean the Morphed version should be different from his default one, and i think that i should edit the Model somehow to make it look stronger, like the Demon Hunter and his Morphed Version. Sorry im not great with english, im trying my best...

Level 28
I mean the Morphed version should be different from his default one, and i think that i should edit the Model somehow to make it look stronger, like the Demon Hunter and his Morphed Version. Sorry im not great with english, im trying my best...
I see what you mean. Well, yeah, you can try editing the model to give it a different appearance or maybe change his texture. There are plenty of tools that will allow you to do that, I'd recommend these two : War3 Model Editor or Retera Model Studio. You can find them here on the hive.
This tutorial may help you : Change Model Texture Using Alternate Animations

Level 2
I see what you mean. Well, yeah, you can try editing the model to give it a different appearance or maybe change his texture. There are plenty of tools that will allow you to do that, I'd recommend these two : War3 Model Editor or Retera Model Studio. You can find them here on the hive.
This tutorial may help you : Change Model Texture Using Alternate Animations

Man, can i say "I love you"? ahahah. You helped me a lot. This stuff works with Reforged right? cause i took a look at the tutorial and it still use the original Warcraft 3 models and grapich. Also i was trying to use Retera Model Studio, but it can't find the model i need, instead of Magroth the Defender it puts a common Paladin. I made this post Model Missing there you can find the screenshots.

Thanks again for the help, i'm spending months for a custom map that doesn't even have any trigger because i don't know how the heck triggers works, i barely use custom icons cause i don't know how to make them so sometimes i ask to a friend who uses PH and he made up few stuff for me. I'm very bad at this, and i never find complete totarials for what i need so i'm in the middle of the ocean basically ahahah

Status
Not open for further replies.