• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to add effects to spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How could I, without Jass, add a spell effect such as slow, to a spell like Death and Decay? There's a place to add "effects" to spells, but they don't work in the game.

So, Basically, how can I add a slow effect to Death and Decay, and change the appearance of a spell without coding? There has to be an option somewhere.

Level 30
How could I, without Jass, add a spell effect such as slow, to a spell like Death and Decay? There's a place to add "effects" to spells, but they don't work in the game.

So, Basically, how can I add a slow effect to Death and Decay, and change the appearance of a spell without coding? There has to be an option somewhere.

Try making a dummy unit with no models and with 0 collision size and give it the ability Slow. After that do a trigger when a unit starts the effect of an ability equal to Death and Decay, now summon the dummy unit to the position of casting unit and give it the ability Slow and Order it to cast Slow at the Targeted Unit of the Ability Being Cast.

Level 25
Death and Decay has buff called "Death and Decay" that shows "D'n'D" target animation. So for that spell create your own buff based off D'n'D and change "Art - Target" to your desired effect.

D'n'D has also an "effect" (found in Buff editor as well) with the same name. If you change the "Art - Effect" model to different, you will change those shadowy explosions of the spell.

Level 20
Hmmmm, try a Firebolt ability and when you cast it on a enemy add the slow. I tried it in Death and Decay it deosnt seem to work because I have found out that it is an AOE skills. Start first on a spell that focuses on one target enemy.

You can make it work by picking every unit in the area then make a dummy that casts the slow spell to the picked units.

mThe effect field for spells are just for special effects made on the EFFECTS tab...

Hell_Master's idea will be the one to use...

You need to pick the units around the target AOE of DnD every .xx seconds while DnD is still being used... and make dummies slow them... it's quite complex as compared to instant effect spells since DnD is a channeled over-time AOE spell...

Status
Not open for further replies.