• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] How to cold a BLIZZARD (spell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
(if you agree to trigger the spell)

Order dummy to cast 'Slow' spell over time on the designated area.

or place a dummy unit with slow aura (same range then ur blizard) then remove dummy unit when blizard is over
(i guess work the unit finish the casting too or something like that or just check with every second the unit order string is = blizzard or no :p)

Level 33
or place a dummy unit with slow aura (same range then ur blizard) then remove dummy unit when blizard is over
(i guess work the unit finish the casting too or something like that or just check with every second the unit order string is = blizzard or no :p)

Remember, using an aura-based ability will not exactly give you what you want because, auras in warcraft 3 does not apply/remove the way it does

When a unit comes in range, it has this hardcoded delay in-between for the aura to come in effect or the buff wears off

So, if you want a timely accurate, an ability Slow with a 0.03s duration of base ability would be perfect (or you can go higher than that) because once the unit is out of range, the Slow is immediately wears off because it uses a short-time duration rather than normal auras in warcraft 3 which has significant delay such as Endurance Aura with negative data (to slow the units instead fastening it up)

Level 17
Remember, using an aura-based ability will not exactly give you what you want because, auras in warcraft 3 does not apply/remove the way it does

When a unit comes in range, it has this hardcoded delay in-between for the aura to come in effect or the buff wears off

So, if you want a timely accurate, an ability Slow with a 0.03s duration of base ability would be perfect (or you can go higher than that) because once the unit is out of range, the Slow is immediately wears off because it uses a short-time duration rather than normal auras in warcraft 3 which has significant delay such as Endurance Aura with negative data (to slow the units instead fastening it up)

till blizard going till ground also have a delay :p also i dont see point on instant remove, example i played muonline there wizzard ice storm still applied on target after he was out from aoe, ok for shorter duration but still :p

Actually, the deformation of TC is due to the effect, though it still causes ripples...

Auras have about 2 second delay based on my tests...

that delay of blizzard before falling is also a reason why using auras is bad... imagine getting slowed before even getting hit...

using shortlived slow is only if you want the slow to only take effect inside the blizzard, its a replacement for using aura...

ofc if you want it longer then you can do so...

Level 33
Actually, the deformation of TC is due to the effect, though it still causes ripples...

Auras have about 2 second delay based on my tests...

that delay of blizzard before falling is also a reason why using auras is bad... imagine getting slowed before even getting hit...

using shortlived slow is only if you want the slow to only take effect inside the blizzard, its a replacement for using aura...

ofc if you want it longer then you can do so...

And that is why we have "Wait System" :)

First we gotta run some experiment to test the time for the falling Blizzard to reach the ground

After we know (approximate is okay), set the time duration and use it :)

I believe you can search for yourself some reliable Wait System around here and Google, don't you think ?

Oh people WTF! Ive done this yesterday by using buff detection (added a 0.36 duration to the Blizz spell so that the buff is active) and a periodic event wich detects it each 0.33 seconds and creates a dummy unit for neutral extra with a cold attack that lasts 4 seconds and has a -1000% damage to avoid any further stuff....

Creating a dummy for neutral extra with an ability that doesnt cause any damage is a double secure to avoid bugs.

THX anyways... I had to figure it out all by myself hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.