• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug? Cold Arrow target Ethereal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Yes there seems to be a bug.. when i "cast" "Cold Arrows" at a Ethereal unit, it doesn't complain about the unit being Ethereal and even subtract the mana for the spell (weapon enhancement with cold effect so to speak) but no missile is being fired and the unit is seemingly stopped while casting it, but sadly not before.. and yes the ethereal unit takes no damage nor is it affected from the cold.

Is it just me? I guess it has to do with the nature of the spell, since it really only enhances the attack, and notices too late that this attack type shouldn't be able to target an ethereal unit.. but thats kinda lame.

HOLD UP. Its "orb of Annihilation" in fact.. but the same goes for dark arrows, flamming arrows and i guess cold and frost arrows.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Autocasting arrows actually replaces the heroes main attack instead of casting an ability. As such the arrows may have infinite range but will still only be auto cast at the attack speed at the attack range. If you then manually cast the arrow at long range your unit glitches into a super fast animation speed (but functions the same).

Status
Not open for further replies.