• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to damage both Divine and Ethereal units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
What's the best set up that can damage a unit that is both Divine and Ethereal without editing the gameplay constants? If I wanted spells that could damage Divine type units, I'd always trigger my spells to have ATTACK_TYPE_CHAOS but then this doesn't damage Ethereal units. Even if I add a check to change the attack type whether the target is Ethereal or not, I run into a wall when a Divine unit becomes ethereal.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
If you use the combination Chaos (Attack Type) + Magic (Damage Type) both ethereal and divine units should take full damage.
Only spell immune units won't take damage, but you can add a check if the unit is spell immune and then use Chaos + Universal instead.
A unit should never be ethereal and spell immune at the same time.

Level 3
If you use the combination Chaos (Attack Type) + Magic (Damage Type) both ethereal and divine units should take full damage.
Only spell immune units won't take damage, but you can add a check if the unit is spell immune and then use Chaos + Universal instead.
A unit should never be ethereal and spell immune at the same time.

Thank you! It works like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.