• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a unit Ethereal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was wondering how to make a unit to be ethereal like it has always cast banish on it?
And I've a second question but first answer the 1-st one!
The 2-nd question is how to make that unit be able to be attacked but take only a little portion of the damage while ethereal? (I was thinking about using a special defense type for that unit, but I'm open for other ideas)
I would like to apologize for the prefixes I put before, I just read that they are not allowed!

Last edited:

sPy

sPy

Level 21
When you was asking for help, I'm thought of some weird ideas. (You said you were open for any idea)

So, I'm thinking if your hero learns an ability, you get banished. Also, I'm able to make the learning hero has spell resistance after learning it.

Here's my map, just thinking if you got some ideas :)

Attachments

• Sample.w3x
    18.4 KB · Views: 166
Level 7
Thanks Spy but that's not quite what I'm looking for, well thanks anyway I might use it in the near future. +rep for it anyway! :grin:
Well I really need something that makes UNITS not heroes banished/ethereal!

Level 7
Well I want Ethereal units to be produced at a fixed cost from Ex.:"the barracks" but the difference between them and the usual units shall be that the first ones are incorporeal/ethereal and take only 30% of the damage (or less) from every type of attack, except magic ones which would do normal damage to them. Got my idea?

Level 23
Just give the unit the "Ethereal" Ability. Do note it has a funny Icon so might wanna change that.

Well I want Ethereal units to be produced at a fixed cost from Ex.:"the barracks" but the difference between them and the usual units shall be that the first ones are incorporeal/ethereal and take only 30% of the damage (or less) from every type of attack, except magic ones which would do normal damage to them. Got my idea?

If you want that than you have to modfiy the actually defense type and its reduction from different attacks.

Forget that.

What you need to do is to change the defense type of the ethereal unit so that it takes 30% lessd amage from everything but magic.

In this case you can create the "Ethereal" effect by tinting/tranparency since using "true" ethereal will make them entirely invulnerable to non magic damage.

Level 7
Thanks sPy, that's exactly what I needed, except for the damage reduction! + rep for your help :goblin_good_job:

Now isn't there an ability or spell that reduces damage by a %-tage? (something like the armor does?; if not I'll have to make it with the armor type)

Level 2
Nah, it reduces piercing damage. Hmmm, I am sure if you looked you could find a way to set it to reduce all damage

Level 7
That's It!

Hmm! I really think it will be best to make it with the defense type it would fit best to what I want! Thanks to everyone anyway for the tips!:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.