• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I discovered how to make a unit ethereal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was looking into ways on how to make a unit permanently ethereal. And after studying the spirit walker (ethereal form), all you have to do is add the unit ability "Corporeal form" to the unit, and it permanently sets it to ethereal.

I wanted to share this information on a few old forum posts for other people to see, but the forum posts were unable to be commented on. So I figured I'd make a new post to share this information.

I tested this by adding the unit ability "Corporeal form" to the unit Kel'Thuzad (Ghost form), and it worked. He is permanently in ethereal form and can't be harmed by physical attacks.
ethereal unit.jpg
ethereal unit 2.jpg

Level 3
Thank you! This works even better. I just gave a footman "ethereal" for a unit ability, and not only did it make him permanently ethereal, but it also changed his visual form to look banished, and is a passive so it can't be changed. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.