• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ethereal units without tranparency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Just like the title says, I'm looking for a way to make a unit behave ethereal without becoming transparent. Have tried using the ethereal form, and the ethereal ability, as well as triggering vertex coloring to 0 transparency to no avail

Level 21
what parts of ethereal do you need? only taking damage from non physical types of attacks?

if so, here is another way to achieve that:

(the solution is at the bottom of the thread)

Level 4
what parts of ethereal do you need? only taking damage from non physical types of attacks?

if so, here is another way to achieve that:

(the solution is at the bottom of the thread)
Ah yes I've actually read that post, the issue is that although it can make a unit immune to physical attacks, computers will still attempt to attack it. I am making a map that is player vs comp campaign, thus computer controlled units would simply attack the physically immune unit to no avail. I am trying to make a physically immune unit that the computer player recognizes as immune. More to the point, what i really want is to have computer controlled melee units to ignore said unit

to have computer controlled melee units to ignore said unit
If this was your ONLY goal, maybe you could spawn said unit with Mechanical Critter. It is a special ability with a special hacky nature in the sense that the units it summons are shown as "neutral/passive" to all players, even enemies, although those units are controllable for the player who cast the ability.

Level 4
If this was your ONLY goal, maybe you could spawn said unit with Mechanical Critter. It is a special ability with a special hacky nature in the sense that the units it summons are shown as "neutral/passive" to all players, even enemies, although those units are controllable for the player who cast the ability.
I want the unit to be able to be damaged and attacked if nothing else is there to attack, but to be lowest priority, especially for normal/melee attacks. Basically I want a unit that is low priority. Ethereal does this for all but magic and spells, which works well enough. Fundamentally what I want is for the computer to attack units that are weak against it

Status
Not open for further replies.