• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Searing, cold, dark arrow problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well there's actually a bug with searing, cold and dark arrow (with a custom cooldown higher than 0. When you activate autocast, target an ennemy unit, the spell runs normally, runs cooldown, mana cost, damage and effects.

Now the problem is that when you don't target an ennemy unit but you just let the unit auto-attack the ennemy (the player actually don't target ennemies, but the unit owned by this player does), the cooldown isn't applied but mana cost is applied. In fact, it makes an overpowered spell without cooldown.

At the start I searched for something, a spell that doesn't apply the default damage of the caster, but the damage of the spell only, but can be autocasted, can set a custom attack speed without using the caster's one, using a custom range.

Long post, I need help!!! Plsss! :/

I tried: Slow + damage trigger (don't work cause the slow isn't fired when the unit attack)
I tried: searing, cold, dark arrow (well read on top, the really top, the long text)
I tried: Heal + negative heal value (don't work cause it will autocast only when the unit have lost hp, won't cast when the caster attacks)

I've watched many posts, from the WHOLE forum and none answer my question. Many people had a similar problem. It's for my marine VS zombies map (survive).

Edit: In the demo map, try not targeting the ennemy units and compare with when you target an ennemy unit (don't forgot to have Cold Arrow or Searing Arrow autocast ON

Attachments

• Arrow problem - Demo Map.w3x
    19.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Level 6
I've had a similar issue with Black Arrow - I was unaware it was related to the custom cooldown.

The only advice I can give you is to give your Marines a mana-costing Metamorphosis that grants a cold/poison passive attack. Or, to find a JASS'er who can assist you in making a custom spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.