• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Searing arrows problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys,

Basically what I did was, I based spell on Searing Arrows spell, since it procs on attack and it is autocast, which is perfect for my spell.

I tweaked spell a little bit, so it procs on melee unit attack, but now the problem is, autocasting the spell won't play any of the spell animations, it somehow ignores all Art fields.
Art-target and Art-caster fields are fields that I filled with animations, but they won't trigger while spell is autocasted.

But while manually casting the spell it triggers the spell animations.

Does this spell really works this way, is it hardcoded this way or am I doing something wrong?

How to fix this problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Does this spell really works this way, is it hardcoded this way or am I doing something wrong?
It works by modifying the units attack when auto cast. While auto cast it is not actually cast, unless manually cast. Since auto cast does not actually cast it, it uses the default attack animation rather than the cast animation specified.

Level 4
Thank you for clarifying this. I somehow found a workaround solution to this problem via triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.