• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make 'Root' a No Target ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I want one of my abilities to morph the caster into a structure, but I want it to be a 'No Target' spell, unlike 'Root'.
I used 'Stone Form' as a base, but it makes the unit unable to attack and 'Root' can change the 'Enabled Attack', which is exactly what I want cause I want my structure to be ranged.

So, any advices on what base ability I use?

Last edited:
Level 8
You could use the Passive Transformation method to pull this off. The guide should be pretty straightforward but it only explains how to permanently morph the unit. If you want the unit to morph back, create a copy of the Bear Form ability that you use to morph into your structure unit but with the unit types reversed and then simply add and remove the ability. As for the base ability, any instant cast spell (Eg: Berserk, Channel, etc.) should be fine with this method.

Level 11
What about creating an no-target dummy ability, then when it's cast, you add the root ability, order the unit to "root" on position of the unit then remove the ability and add the "unroot" ability? Something like this:
  • Test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Root (Dummy)
    • Actions
      • Set Loc1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Remove (Ability being cast) from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Root (Ancients) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Ancients - Root Loc1
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc1)

Status
Not open for further replies.