• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] How many abilities with a root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi guys.
I made a few abilities that all have the same root (I mean, all of these custom abilities are made on a specific ability, such as flare).
When a unit can use more than one of these abilities, if it is able to use number one, the incident in the game is related to ability number two.
Is it possible to fix this problem?

Level 39
No. If they have the same base orderid the unit will try to cast all of them simultaneously when you cast any of them. You also can't change the base order even though the OE shows you can. The only ability this works for is "Channel" (Ancl). Your solution is to create 3 dummy abilities based on different abilities or based on channel with changed base orders, then when the unit casts these dummy abilities create a dummy caster unit, give it the real flare-based ability you want to use, order it to cast on the same location the original unit targeted, give it a 3 second timed life, and remove all leaks.

Level 8
For my map (clash royale), this offer is a bit inefficient.
If you can do any further help: how many abilities are there in warcraft III, such as flare (in terms of purpose), and if you can name them.

Level 39
For my map (clash royale), this offer is a bit inefficient.
It's not inefficient, dude. Dummy casting spells is an essential part of the way the vast majority of all triggered spells are coded. It's the answer basically anyone is going to give you for this problem. Your only other two solutions are to put each ability in its own separate spellbook or simply base each of the custom abilities on 3 unique wc3 abilities that have the targeting type you want. Flare happens to be a unique ability that (afaik) is the only one that can have stock, and its also the only AoE area reveal ability with a travel time (Far sight and Reveal are instant). If you don't need either of those functionalities, pick literally any other AoE targeted ability.

I suggest you learn how to configure Channel and base all your custom dummy spells on that: Spells - Channel
how many abilities are there in warcraft III, such as flare (in terms of purpose), and if you can name them.
I'm not going to do this for you. This is basic world editor shit. Open the object editor, click on abilities... there's every ability in the game. FFS please try a little bit instead of posting stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.