• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help on tweaking with root ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey,i had just downloaded the odin model today and wanted to create a new custom root ability to morph the model.I followed the instructions,using ne building as base,and suceeded in morphing the unit.However,i cannot find a way to put abilities on the uprooted unit,since i cannot find the uprooted version of the unit in the unit editor,maybe cause i used the new patch.So i only managed to morph it without the abilities,and i even tried triggering it,like when a unit casted the root spell,add abilities to triggering unit.So i need some help in this since i am not that good in triggering yet as now i have only started learning c programming,i can only cook up simple c codes,so i am thinking maybe i need a trigger for the root ability,so does anyone has a solution???

Level 2
Hey srry 4 double threading,cos my computer lag n i didnt know i double thread till i see two similar threads

Level 10
the problem is that uproot is kinda splitting an unit in half while not being able to edit half of it. The only way you can fix this is to NOT use root. sry.........
A good way to mimic this effect is through using custom abilityes and simple spells. If you dont understand how, ill post a test map a few minutes after this post...

Status
Not open for further replies.