• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Major Modeling Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone

Its my first time trying to create a new model for WCIII and I'm having major problems. My animations come along very nicely, but when I import them into the map editor and test them they go retarded: I get this weird effect where pieces of the model shoot off in all directions and she looks screwy. I've followed both Mago's and BlinkBoy's modeling tuts to the letter (I think) and same problem. Tried doing it with high and low poly models and same problem. Tried with both Gmax and 3ds Max, not helping. The more complex the animations the more that goes wrong but even simple Stand animations go horribly awry. I'm sure I'm making some kind of random noob mistake but I cant figure it out. Any help/suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sigh Phyre

Attachments

• Model.jpg
    Model.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 121
Level 1
Models

Sorry everyone, truth be told I had given up on modeling and thought that I wasn't going to get any replies. Thanks to everyone who took the time out to reply to my post, like I said, its much appreciated. Umm, I don't have the original model anymore but I do have a model that I borrowed and reskinned for learning purposes, it had the same problem but to a lesser degree so I'll post it up here with the 3ds max files. If anyone could tell me what I did wrong, PLEASE, I'm getting super frustrated. Thanks for all your help.

Have checked the bones and they all seem to be correctly linked and skinned to the mesh. Dunno about TCB rotations but I have tried to avoid them in other models so I don't think that's the issue.

Thanks for all the input,

Sighphyre

And Blinkboy: your animation tutorial is rad keep up the good work

Attachments

• Ninja Edited.mdx
    63.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Ninja.blp
    83.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Ninja Edited.max
    512 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.