• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] 'Majesty Map'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Anyone can make an AI extremely similar to the game 'Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim' to my map project?
Game Biografy: - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesty:_The_Fantasy_Kingdom_Sim
some AI Links - http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=79638
AMAI - http://www.wc3campaigns.net/forumdisplay.php?f=601
Gameplay:
The henchmen are free non-hero characters that are nonetheless essential to maintaining the realm. Peasants construct and repair buildings. Tax collectors collect gold from guilds and houses to finance the realm. Guards provide defense against monsters. Caravans travel from trading posts to the marketplace, where they deliver gold based on the distance they traveled.
Each scenario (or quest) has a unique map. Even if the player chooses the same quest twice, it will have a map that, while retaining the general terrain of the region, is totally different. The map is initially shrouded in blackness, but all activity in explored areas can be viewed no matter how far away from a building or character it is, with no fog of war.

AI INSTRUCTIONS:
Player1 (Me) build a warrior guild house, i order to create 1 warrior,when trained become to payer 2 and run AI to created units from all guilds.
*heroes are commanded by player 2 (You are the player 1)
*heroes walking around the kingdom looking for adventures and challenges
*when heroes are low on HP to die, use potion, and to end his potions they flee due to their guilds
*depending on the value placed on reward, the heroes are all going for the reward.
*the heroes will find chests on the map to him and take the money and go back to their guilds.
*when your heroes get enough money, they move to the blacksmith shop, market, bookstore, etc to buy their stuff.
PS:All heroes are from player 2 so all gold colected go to heroes upgrades,skills,itens, etc.

IMPORTANT - PLZ WATCH THESE 2 VIDEOS UNTIL THE END TO MORE INFO:
#Reward flag system are under construction (by:The_Witcher)
#Gold/tax collect system are under construction too.

THNX 4 Now,+rep and a ESPECIAL credits in this map.
I hope everyone will help me make that map, everyone will have ++Rep/credits for icons, models, systems, AI, etc.
Help me to bring that fabulous game to wc3 engine!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 12
Can't say I understand, are the two players allied?
Player 2 controls all the units made?

Player 1 makes them?
(and I'm not sure but I think you shouldn't bump until 24hrs after.. just a warning ;))

-in map have 3 players, you (Player1), heroes (Player2), Monsters (Player3).
-player1 and player2 are allied.
-Re: yes player2 control all units maded by player 1.
Sorry about bump's,:(
thanks
EDIT omg CUTEEEEEEEE signature D: omg i love Breaking Benjamin.

Level 12
So in this game computer player basically does all micro jobs for you?

I see you linked to some AI threads. But that won't help, AMAI has nothing to do with this, I don't think using AI scripts or AI editor will help this, probably triggered AI will be needed.

hmm yes basicly they have their own life.they join into aventures,kill,catch gold,buy their own itens etc.like a medieval aventurer.
hmm ok about AMAI xD

Good thing you said what AI should do, but as you know, an answer generates even more questions. I listed many dilemmas:

*heroes walking around the kingdom looking for adventures and challenges

Define 'adventure'. What are the locations the hero wants to visit? How are they chosen? Does the hero calculate if he can win the guardians or just throws himself blindly? Are the locations already known by hero even if the area is not explored or it must explore at random?

*when heroes are low on HP to die, use potion, and to end his potions they flee due to their guilds

That isn't much of problem, you just need to have a periodic trigger and define location where to flee

*depending on the value placed on reward, the heroes are all going for the reward.

I didn't get that. Which ALL heroes you have in mind? They fight for the reward then?

*the heroes will find chests on the map to him and take the money and go back to their guilds.

How far must be a hero to spot the chest and go for it or it already knows all locations of the chests? What is the priority, should a hero gather from it even if injured or enemies nearby? I guess you could use a periodic trigger to check if there are chests around.

*when your heroes get enough money, they move to the blacksmith shop, market, bookstore, etc to buy their stuff.

What their stuff? How they know what to buy? Do they have any priorities or buy order? They are going to buy only when resting at guild's or the leave battles for it?

Level 12
here link to map ->http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/rgvtmq/_files/kok.w3x
lets go: all heroes walk around the fog of war(random),heroes are created in a house likewc3 original hero training,yes they throws himself blindly :D,the location are exclusive explored by Rangers,so them all walk around explored region (randomly)
======================================================
yeah, they can entrer into their guilds by the units transport system and regen their life.
rewar system are under construction yet (i guess ¬¬) watch second video end try to find the reward system by the red flag on the video. at 0:10
chests are like gold coins droped on the ground, (coin can stack 5k and are droped when the carrier die) so the heroe calculate X money to buy their itens and Y money to put in the guild.
======================================================thay need to enter into rogues guild to buy a poison enchanting,enter into a marketplace to buy potions(mana /hp)/magic bracer/magic circlet and enter into blacksmith to buy armour and weapon.
the priority are buy healing potions -> lvl1 bronze armour -> lvl1 bronze weapon -> magic circlet -> poison enchanting -> lvl2 silver armour -> lvl2 silver weapon -> Magic Bracer -> lvl3 gold weapon -> lvl3 gold armour.
itens
-healing potion
-mana potion
-magic bracer (+def)
-a armour (3 lvls) bronze / silver / gold
-a weapon (3 lvls) bronze / silver / gold
-poison enchant (add ability poison to heroes) (its not a item)
-Magic circlet (+hp regen)
Realy thanks (sorry about my english)
really really really thanks to your help :)

Level 20
:)

I'm assuming it's single player?
Are you wanting AI for EVERYTHING, guards, tax collectors etc or just the heroes? :)
Looking at the description I'm presuming your going to use randomly generated terrain (to some degree)?

and most importantly;

Does it need to be EXACTLY like that or just the same principle, are you trying to copy this into wc3 100% or improve upon the original design (For example, would you mind SOME guards doubling up as tax collectors?).

Because obviously having never played the game, a 100% replication of AI behaviour will be nigh impossible, watching videos won't be enough :p

But I think I understand the gist of what you want;

An AI 'director' that actually makes the world 'alive' so to speak?
Makes guards protect cities, heroes adventure and purchase equipment, tax collectors - collect tax. Villagers walk around.... Caravans pick up and drop off goods. Monsters that attack towns. Etc

And all the player does is interact with this world?

Finally, do you have the rest of the map complete/objects/terrain/systems etc?
AI is the last thing that should be done! =)

Level 12
:)

I'm assuming it's single player?
Are you wanting AI for EVERYTHING, guards, tax collectors etc or just the heroes? :)
Looking at the description I'm presuming your going to use randomly generated terrain (to some degree)?

and most importantly;

Does it need to be EXACTLY like that or just the same principle, are you trying to copy this into wc3 100% or improve upon the original design (For example, would you mind SOME guards doubling up as tax collectors?).

Because obviously having never played the game, a 100% replication of AI behaviour will be nigh impossible, watching videos won't be enough :p

But I think I understand the gist of what you want;

An AI 'director' that actually makes the world 'alive' so to speak?
Makes guards protect cities, heroes adventure and purchase equipment, tax collectors - collect tax. Villagers walk around.... Caravans pick up and drop off goods. Monsters that attack towns. Etc

And all the player does is interact with this world?

Finally, do you have the rest of the map complete/objects/terrain/systems etc?
AI is the last thing that should be done! =)

yes ,its single player (every map is a campaing with a history quest)
hmm AI for guards...guards just spawn from tower each tower have 1 guard,he just walk around to protect the tower.yeah tax collector just pass into every guild catching gold and the heroes... that is the BIG problem :D

hmm, no double ups
hehe yes we just wacht a long part of the game,i recomend you to download the game, about 500 mb..
ok i will finish the map with all things :)

Edit:the witcher cant create the tax collect system,so it need to be controlable with AI :/

Level 12
Really? The Witcher can't?
:S That's scary!

I downloaded the demo for the second one... (majesty 2) Tell me if that's no good :)

Otherwise single player and static terrain, should make it easier =)
well he actualy dont have time to do that:/ (about tax)
I do not like the majesty 2 because they made a graphic ultra pro childish game but I have to say, the genre and the gameplay is perfect.
i love this game, enjoy it when you download it :)

Level 20
Ok, that makes more sense.
I'll play the demo (or both) and have a think about how it can be done, get back to you in a week or two. (Last exams on the 17th...).

Oh one last thing, should've asked earlier, are you ok with it in GUI?
I'd assume you'd struggle to find a JASSER at all, let alone one who can do that kind of AI =/
(either way I don't know or plan to learn JASS, so if you want it in JASS, please tell ;P)

Level 12
Ok, that makes more sense.
I'll play the demo (or both) and have a think about how it can be done, get back to you in a week or two. (Last exams on the 17th...).

Oh one last thing, should've asked earlier, are you ok with it in GUI?
I'd assume you'd struggle to find a JASSER at all, let alone one who can do that kind of AI =/
(either way I don't know or plan to learn JASS, so if you want it in JASS, please tell ;P)

do what you think best :)
doesnt matter jass or gui :)
the only difference is that I can not test the map with my NewGen WE
(bugged)
so i need to save it on NewGen and test into normal WE editor :/

Level 12
LOL, AI ofcource, that's help what you wanted :D
Edit: I still don't know, do you want me to make AI (part, that i know) At your Majesty map, or somewhere at Template...?

we already got 2 people to do AI,but if they agreed your help.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.