• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Majesty Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
majesty2.jpg

Majesty Map Request!
"We just Can't Wait to Be King..."
-PC Gamer Magazine

"Majesty introduces an entirely new gaming experience..."
-Family PC

Q: Why make majesty1 for warcraft and not majesty2?
A: Because Majesty 2 Sucks (MOST FAIL MAJESTY EVER)

TERRAIN IS READY!
Recruiting AI programers,trigger programers, modelers, heroes names, texture makers (icon / UI texture / skin)

So:
Anyone can make an AI extremely similar to the game 'Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim' to wc3?
AI Actions:
*heroes are commanded by player 2 (You are the player 1)
*heroes walking around the kingdom looking for adventures and challenges
*when heroes are low on HP to die, use potion, and to end his potions they flee due to their guilds
*depending on the value placed on reward, the heroes are all going for the reward.
*the heroes will find chests on the map to him and take the money and go back to their guilds.
*when your heroes get enough money, they move to the blacksmith shop, market, bookstore, etc to buy their stuff.
------------------------------------------
PS:All heroes are from player 2 so all gold colected go to heroes upgrades,skills,itens, etc.
------------------------------------------
-I need the system of reward for heroes like the majesty.
-Exp is gained for each attack that he(hero) deal or receives from.
-When any castle building are under atack 2 peasant(Castle lvl1) / 3 Peasant(Castle lvl2) / 5 Peasant(Castle lvl3) come to repair that 'Broken building'
-your castle will spaw (create villager houses [become populate])
-i need a unit to collect taxes from guilds,houses,libraries Etc, and send it money to castle to add money to you.
-----------------------------------------
IMPORTANT LINKS:

Game Biography: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesty:_The_Fantasy_Kingdom_Sim

-In game Rescourses-

world-chap1.gif
http://www.cyberlore.com/majesty/chapter1.htm

world-chap2.gif
http://www.cyberlore.com/majesty/chapter2.htm

world-chap3.gif
http://www.cyberlore.com/majesty/chapter3.htm

world-chap4.gif
http://www.cyberlore.com/majesty/chapter4.htm

world-chap5.gif
http://www.cyberlore.com/majesty/chapter5.htm

a little video

I hope everyone will help me make that map, everyone will have ++Rep/credits for icons, models, systems, AI, etc.

Help me to bring that fabulous game to wc3 engine!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 19
It looks pretty nice, I could help in a bit of Triggers, although you might still need a better Triggerer since I'm not really that good at it, but I could help:)

Level 12
It looks pretty nice, I could help in a bit of Triggers, although you might still need a better Triggerer since I'm not really that good at it, but I could help:)

thanks, triggers of the map are quite simple. :)
the hardest part is the AI which is what makes the majesty be so fabulous.

But thanks I really need your help here :)

@I see, sure I'll be able to help out in the weekends:)
How about you tell people in the Chat about your map, like doing a mini-bump.

wow thanks a lot, it will help us so much! :)

Level 19
I see, sure I'll be able to help out in the weekends:)
How about you tell people in the Chat about your map, like doing a mini-bump.

Level 11
OMG OMG OMG i love Majesty! so are the people u make gonna do random stuff like they did in majesty? cause that would be so fire! Hope this works out well for you :D

Level 12
OMG OMG OMG i love Majesty! so are the people u make gonna do random stuff like they did in majesty? cause that would be so fire! Hope this works out well for you :D

yep, this will be the project of my life
the 'REAL' majesty with that awsome gameplay by the REAL Majesty AI.
the most dificult part is the AI Scripts, i will need a good Coder to make the AI.maybe i have to ask to BuffMePlz to make to me (lol)

Join us! :)

Level 12
You present a interesting map idea, anyways... Creating artificial intelligence shouldn't be to hard, if you want to do it a easy way, you could just editor wc3's base units. Or you could consider to learn to use the AI editor :p
(Oh, are you recruiting for this project?

hmm, yes i guess.
yeah i'm recruiting :)

Level 11
I would help if u are looking for any kind of ideas.. but as for the map creation itself.. idk how to really make maps as I did b4 :(

Level 12
I would help if u are looking for any kind of ideas.. but as for the map creation itself.. idk how to really make maps as I did b4 :(

actualy i jest need some models,some icons,a PRO AI scripter,some triggers and some models customizations.
but if you make a 'advertisement' to hivers,or found any one who can make a AI or any system to me.
It will garant credits to you ;)

Level 12
Project Team

.VTZ. : Terrain/Units/Basic
GhostThruster : Icons
Miss_Foxy : advertisement
The_Witcher : System
Geazergimli2 : Unknow
Models

Soon.

Level 12
What about gattering trees because i can see that they are rarly added on the map.

trees in majesty make no diference (a unseless rescource)

@Geazergimli2 = advertisement team :)
Project Team

.VTZ. : Terrain/Units/Basic
Geazergimli2 : advertisement
Models

Soon.

Level 15
Looks extremely interesting. I will look forward to see the results. Altho i am bad at triggering and not so good at terraining. Only use you can get from me is balancing, and thats only when the game releases.

Good luck!

Level 12
Looks extremely interesting. I will look forward to see the results. Altho i am bad at triggering and not so good at terraining. Only use you can get from me is balancing, and thats only when the game releases.

Good luck!

oki

Level 11
So would there be like some kind of random map generator like in the original? and u can have options to add a certain amount of creeps.. starting gold... etc.. like in the original majesty? or will this be like a standard map? wat ever u make it, it should be good :p just wish u could add the original unit sounds like the wizards death "Im Melting." or the rogues "Leave my gold...alone...." lol i guess playing the original game as u are making the map could help a lot also :D

Level 12
So would there be like some kind of random map generator like in the original? and u can have options to add a certain amount of creeps.. starting gold... etc.. like in the original majesty? or will this be like a standard map? wat ever u make it, it should be good :p just wish u could add the original unit sounds like the wizards death "Im Melting." or the rogues "Leave my gold...alone...." lol i guess playing the original game as u are making the map could help a lot also :D

i will try to make 100% like majesty
look this -> http://www.cyberlore.com/majesty/downloads.htm
everything,voices,icons,arts,logos,everything about majesty :)

Level 12
1. About triggers...
Does it ONLY has to do with AI ?
Spells, Systems, etc ???

2. About Player...
This game is Singleplayer or Multiplayer ?
From what I read, this game only has Player 1 (us) and Player 2 (AI)
Right ?

1. yes,yes and yes.

2. its single player campaing
(various map styles with the same AI)

Level 20
Actually I don't think the AI editor would cut it for this, you'll not only need a 'pro' jasser to edit/write the scripts manually but they'd also need a significant amount of knowledge on how AI works, both in general and within the engine...

I for one can't say I know a single AI 'expert' infact, I can't name many maps with "custom AI(WROTE/CODED)", most are from wc3c (that I know of) and that seems very inactive atm, I'd wager most of the people capable of this have left war3 modding.

Just get someone to trigger it... gui or jass will suffice.

I'd suggest having event triggered randomisation (so every...time an event happens e.g. 'hero kills...' OR 'hero buys...' OR 'treasure found'.. AI is ordered to do a random thing based on priorities from a list(or maybe checks are run, e.g. if 'hero kills...' and enemies ARE around, skip the trigger and order it to attack through another one) and a cleanup timer (to pickup on any units that might 'miss' an event due to a jump or delay) and integrate the two with a priority system, the AI won't be as 'smart' as you might want, but it'll definitely portray the feel.

The other way is just several systems using periodic timers, but that'd really inefficient especially in GUI D:

Either way AI should be the last thing you do, while programming it'll be necessary to have all the objects(mostly)/terrain setup for referencing.

btw nice thread layout! :D

Level 12
Actually I don't think the AI editor would cut it for this, you'll not only need a 'pro' jasser to edit/write the scripts manually but they'd also need a significant amount of knowledge on how AI works, both in general and within the engine...

I for one can't say I know a single AI 'expert' infact, I can't name many maps with "custom AI(WROTE/CODED)", most are from wc3c (that I know of) and that seems very inactive atm, I'd wager most of the people capable of this have left war3 modding.

Just get someone to trigger it... gui or jass will suffice.

I'd suggest having event triggered randomisation (so every...time an event happens e.g. 'hero kills...' OR 'hero buys...' OR 'treasure found'.. AI is ordered to do a random thing based on priorities from a list(or maybe checks are run, e.g. if 'hero kills...' and enemies ARE around, skip the trigger and order it to attack through another one) and a cleanup timer (to pickup on any units that might 'miss' an event due to a jump or delay) and integrate the two with a priority system, the AI won't be as 'smart' as you might want, but it'll definitely portray the feel.

The other way is just several systems using periodic timers, but that'd really inefficient especially in GUI D:

Either way AI should be the last thing you do, while programming it'll be necessary to have all the objects(mostly)/terrain setup for referencing.

btw nice thread layout! :D

hmm yes, Indomable will finish terrain soon
the_Witcher will finish building system soon too
about AI, Crab will make when all(terrain,some system,etc)be ready.
about AI you can help him to make AI too.any way you will recive crédits too.
my layout suck,lol
dont be sarcastic :p

Level 20
No it's nice... it told me everything I needed to know without being a wall of text or colour spam lol!

Did crab actually AGREE to do it or was he just stating a fact in that thread?
Too many people say something is easy and aren't actually willing to prove it...

I presume he pmed you or something?

I'll help in AI theory if he needs it (which I somehow doubt) but I'm not going to lie I don't know nor do I plan to learn JASS/vJASS :p

Best of luck whatever ;)
I'll play the map if it comes to fruition (praying it does, looks neat, perfect for the war3 engine rly).

Level 12
No it's nice... it told me everything I needed to know without being a wall of text or colour spam lol!

Did crab actually AGREE to do it or was he just stating a fact in that thread?
Too many people say something is easy and aren't actually willing to prove it...

I presume he pmed you or something?

I'll help in AI theory if he needs it (which I somehow doubt) but I'm not going to lie I don't know nor do I plan to learn JASS/vJASS :p

Best of luck whatever ;)
I'll play the map if it comes to fruition (praying it does, looks neat, perfect for the war3 engine rly).

EDIT: Yeah... so I couldn't help but notice GIANT_CRAB wasn't in your table below??? o_O

hehe,i'm editing table now,
I have to ask him once more, if he will make ai or not :)
Gui pwnz :D
Edit:
Beta Project Team Table

.VTZ. : Units/Basic
Geazergimli2 : advertisement
defskull : Spells Team <-- :D
Maker : Spells Team
indomitable1319: Terrain
Grey Nightmare : AI Team
Giant_Crab : AI Team/AI Coder
Models

Soon.

Level 7
(I have played majesty, so I know what you're talking about)

Hashtables will need to be used
-Guards: Every X seconds, attack-move to random point in a radius around a constant point (their tower).
-Monsters: Every X seconds, attack move to a random point on the map, with some bias towards the Palace.
-Lairs/Towers: Store them in their spawned units' hashtable, and when a spawned unit dies, update its spawn's unit count. Every X seconds, spawn a unit if below the limit.
-Builders: Give the Palace a list of structures to build. Being unable to actually build them, it will merely place a foundation. Have a unit group of workers, and a build queue. Tell workers to build accordingly.
-Taxes: In each building's hash, have variables for gold, income, and whether a Collector is on the way. Have a unit group of Collectors who continually head to whatever building has the most accrued gold and is not about to be visited. Once they have X gold (more hashtable work), head back to palace.
-Reward Flags: Give the palace a "place flag" ability. If the target is a unit, increase its bounty (use floating text to indicate this). If the target is ground, place a flag, and set its reward amount (also indicated by floating text).

The only super-difficult part that I can see is heroes. They'd be pretty complex, but certainly doable.

Were it not exam season I'd be keen to help out. :ogre_rage:

Level 7
the AI wouldn't be able to cope with external factors
From my experience with the original Majesty, the only things that react to outside factors are the heroes.

An AI player need only build, hire heroes, and place flags. I'm not saying that's easy, but what I proposed doesn't conflict with that. Just trying to get some ideas going, here. :)
I don't think you really need (or want) that many timers.
I suggested a few simple "every x seconds" triggers. These really aren't going to impact performance much. I've made "wander around point" systems and know how I would do the bias wander. I had hundreds of things wandering around (each with random intervals, too) with no problems. None of these are poised to destroy your CPU.

You could sort of "leapfrog" the timers as well, to spread out the load a bit more.

Level 19
Hmm... The AI could be hard to create though, but I'm sure it can be done somehow using a lot of Triggering. Have you tried using vJASS?

Level 21
the ability is used by critters and it is called wander. it is how the critters move around at random. it might work. the spell system require gold to be spent.(i know how to do that. i use that in my own project.) i am a big fan of majesty. using add gold to gold mine with a random value is a good way to handle the income. i will do what i can to help.

Level 12
the ability is used by critters and it is called wander. it is how the critters move around at random. it might work. the spell system require gold to be spent.(i know how to do that. i use that in my own project.) i am a big fan of majesty. using add gold to gold mine with a random value is a good way to handle the income. i will do what i can to help.

ok, any system created, PM Giant_Crab to add your sistem

Status
Not open for further replies.