• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Majesty Like Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone!!!

I don't know if you ever played any of these games, Majesty or Majesty 2(Links in the end of this post), neither if anyone already made a map about this, but I was wondering if you'd be interesting in playing this kind of game and/or help making one.

For those who don't know this game or a lazy to click the links bellow :ogre_icwydt:
This game is about being a "King" of a "Kingdom" :ogre_datass:
In other words...you DO NOT control your units.Instead you put "rewards" or "quests" in some points with orders like "Guard", "Attack" or "Explore".
Your units or heroes, as the game call it, have it's own AI and have different behavior depending on his "class".For example :

Warriors like "Guard Quests".Rangers like "Exploration Quests". Rogues like anykind of quests and etc.

But you DO build guilds(think like a Barrack, but the units trained you can't control) to train those heroes.

Another thing to point is that those heroes have their own "life", wondering the world searching for treasures, buying items from shops YOU build(So the economy come from them spending their gold on your markets).They even upgrade their weapon and armor.This, for me,would be the hardest part to code. :goblin_cry:

Anyway just an idea that I'd like to share with you.
I'm going to start creating this map and the triggers to see if it is playable or fun.

Regards,

Gabriel :ogre_haosis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesty_2:_The_Fantasy_Kingdom_Sim

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesty:_The_Fantasy_Kingdom_Sim

Status
Not open for further replies.