• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Majesty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to do an interpretation of the game Majesty in Warcraft III.
The main point is that heroes act by themselves. I want to do tricky A.I's to the heroes. They are free to explore, buy items, fight, compete, talk, or whatever they like to do.

The game consists in creating a kingdom with Marketplaces, Inns, Houses, Shops, Hero Guilds and the main Palace. The king gains money collecting taxes from establishments.

The map's best will be the detailed Artificial Intelligence I'm willing to create.

Hero Profiles:

WarriorPortrait.gif

Warrior

• Warriors are resistant heroes that are essential to a city's defense.
  • Good Aspects: They will always defend the city when a house, a guardhouse or any other essential building is attacked. Also they aren't afraid of getting too hurt - they will only flee in terror when really injured.
  • Bad Aspects: They never explore. Just if big rewards are offered. By this fact, you can't rely only on them. Also, if bored will start to spend too much time in Taverns and Inns.
WizardPortrait.gif

Wizard

• Wizards, when experienced, can take care of most of hostile creatures by themselves.
  • Good Aspects: They will go after rewards and explore sometimes, also, they are very powerful when reaching higher levels. Wizards team up with melee heroes for a while when exploring.
  • Bad Aspects: They spend a lot of time in Libraries if idle. Also, the Wizard just defends other structures than their Guilds and the Palace if the attacker is on his way. Not to mention that they are very weak at early levels and will die at the least hit.
RangerPortrait.gif

Ranger

• Rangers are born travellers, and although quite fragile, don't lack curiosity and agility.
  • Good Aspects: They are addicted to exploring. They will go to fogged places whenever they get the chance. They got many survivalism skills, as creating health potions out of the herbs found in the wilds and some others. Also, they aren't too berserking - they will fall back whenever it is time to avoid dying.
  • Bad Aspects: They are fragile and they stay most of the time out of the city. When they come back, they just dropped by to rest and buy potions. Because of this, it is hard to raise a highly leveled Ranger.
RoguePortrait.gif

Rogue

• Rogues are the cheapest human class to be hired and yet strong and versatile. But they will take their payback.
  • Good Aspects: The Rogues are quick, deadly and can take a beating for an extremely low price. In addition, they can steal houses to get you the tax money instantly, at cost of your Majesty's prestige. Also, they recycle the heroes' riches, by looting dead bodies. Not mentioning that they will follow blindly any exploration reward flag and most of the killing reward flags and they explore the realm frequently, searching for gold.
  • Bad Aspects: Instead of purchasing items, many times they prefer stealing them. Also, as a hobby the thief will steal guilds, houses and establishments. If killing rewards are put the Rogue's fellow heroes, he may try to kill it, if it's worth it. In addition, the Rogue will hardly face an average creature if he doesn't have much to gain with it. Rogues do not defend any structure, except the Palace and their own Guild.
I will start off of these 4 A.I's. If successful, I will make all the others: Paladin, Berserker (Warrior of Discord), Priestess, Healer, Druid (Cultist), Monk, Guardian (Solarus), Adept, Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf and Gnome.

Level 7
I've never played the original game, but I like the idea behind it. (I read Wikipedia.)

The AI sounds like it could be pretty complicated but it would create a very unique style of play.

Good luck to you!

Level 14

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I played this game, it was good, bribering the heroes with gold so, they walk at the location, the Wizard saying "I'm melting!" when he dies, etc...

But, this kind of AI is a very complex one. If you can't do it alone... Ask Yixx.

Level 4
I'm shocked. I think only i am remember Majesy :). So if you will work with majesty:the northern expansion i will help you. My majesty:the fantasy kingdom is buggy. By the way my favourite religion in this game is fervis and crypt both.

Status
Not open for further replies.