• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] AI Map Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a problem with implementing AIs to a custom map I'm making. I have a total of 7 players. 5 of them are controlled by computer and all of them have fixed start location checked.

For some reason, Player 2 is the only player whose units can perform multiple spells while the rest can only perform spells that are already auto-cast (Like Troll High Priest can simultaneously perform Heal and Inner Fire when under Player 2 but under other players only perform Heal).

So, I tried using the AI Editor to make a simple AI where the only thing I ticked off were Melee, Target Heroes, Repair Structures, Have No Mercy, Ignore Injured, Slow Harvesting, and Smart Artillery. I also removed all the units in the attacking tab and building tab. Basically, I'm trying to emulate the Neutral Hostile AI, and I have reasons why I don't just make the units belong to Neutral Hostile, I just wanted to have them using spells.

It worked fine on the Test Configuration but when I tried to implement it on the map, things went sour.

I used the trigger 'Start Melee ai' first to assign my custom AI to Player 3 which have workers designated to mine a Gold Mine.

Not only did they fail to perform spells but their workers mined the usual number of gold (10) even though the AI should forced them to mine 1 gold per because of the 'Slow Harvesting'.

Then I used 'Start Campaign ai'.

If it did worked then this thread wouldn't have existed. So yeah. Same results as above.

So yeah, basically everyone except Player 2 is an idiot, and considering the fact I've tried a lot of ways to implement a simple ai on them only for them to keep refusing to comply to it means they're stubborn idiots.

So how do I implement my simple dumb AI into these idiots? Or at the very least, how to make them use their freaking spells (That doesn't involve too much triggers.)

Level 19
make a series of AI scripts, I doubt this Is the reason but it could be that because one script is being used for multiple AI it's causing a problem

also and most importantly, check that the AI are set to the correct race matching the AI script

Status
Not open for further replies.