• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mage Practicegrounds

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Welcome to the Mage Practicegrounds

This is the first map I made for Warcraft 3, so it's not the best of maps out there.
This map can be played with/against friends or against the AI, up to 4 players. I added a 'random event' timer to spice things up. The events can be beneficial like spawning a power up tome in the centre of the map, neutral like a weather change or negative like summoning infernals or doom guards.
The Mages can also summon two bosses: The legendary dragon, Suriel, and a shadow of Archimonde. If you manage to defeat these bosses before the next random event hits, they will drop a unique item.
Mages can even summon a rescuable naga worker!

You can also capture up to 4 lumber mills around the map for a passive lumber income, and gold mines have increased gold to support longer lasting matches.

Let me know what you think of this map, it was fun to make so I hope it's fun to play!

-------
Bug fix 06-08-2017
  • Sauriel and Archimonde liked the map so much that they refused to despawn, in some cases multiple versions of the bosses were up at the same time. This has now been fixed.
  • Added screenshots to the HIVE thread.
Contents

Mage Practicegrounds (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. There is too much gold in the starting mines. These mines are not protected by any neutral hostile camps. 2. Terrain is utterly flat and lacking tile and doodad variation in most parts. 3. You could find another model for the mill not to look like...
Level 2

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. There is too much gold in the starting mines. These mines are not protected by any neutral hostile camps.
2. Terrain is utterly flat and lacking tile and doodad variation in most parts.
3. You could find another model for the mill not to look like the ones the Human has.
4. Would be nice to have a floating text like that when the Wisp extracts wood for the four mills.
5. The mills are captured too easily and fast and any unit can take them. I suggest only the heroes to be able to convert them.

Needs more interesting things happening. Learn from @Maxwell's Altered Melee maps for example.

Awaiting Update.

==============================================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!