1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Lucid Dream

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Nuclear, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i control some of my dreams.

i destroyed a village with just hand motions once.

2. Belgarath

Belgarath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    you can induce sleep paralysis onto yourself to enter lucid dreams. it's one of the main methods

3. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I tend to have control over my dreams sometimes.

I even had dreams about being a nightmare myself and terrorized other dreamers. Not sure if dream sharing events have occured in those dreams though.

There's a ghost in your room! =P
    That makes me wanna think about the game Black & White. =D

4. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    How comes... I have lucid dreams everytime I sleep <.<

5. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I honestly don't see the point of lucid dreams. They're exactly the same as fantasising.

6. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My dreams have been a little short as of late. Short or not, I'm not sure if I'm capable of inducing a lucid dream. I'd love being able to do that.
    I thought of Archimonde's sand toys instead.

7. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Look, PurplePoot, just because something is unlikely it isn't safe to assume it won't happen. I have lucid dreams every time I get proper sleep, and I couldn't really care less what you think about it, but there is one thing I do care about, and that's being called a troll for every single statement I make. I'm not a troll through and through. You'll also notice that my previous claims of not sleeping at all and thus not dreaming were much more elaborately defended and argued for (on top of being completely ridiculous). Besides, trolling the Einstein-fanatic with Wikipedia-quotes claimed as his own was well worth it.

8. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There's this great fable called "the boy who cried wolf". You should read it.

Try (poorly) to troll once and I'm not going to believe you. Keep making stuff up if you want.

9. FreshMobster

FreshMobster

Resources:
    Resources:
    As with sex and maters of sexuality within most of our Westernized societies, dreams and dreaming are also relocated to being just another life's trivial matter. The experimentation within this field loses any meaningfulness when the individual comes to a blind realization, that people tend to keep off such topics, "preferring" to rather indulge in more "socially-appreciated" self experiences. Through such ends the person himself, at times, stops taking attention of his inner workings coming off the interaction between the conscious and the subconscious. While during the "waking" hours the bodily self tries to comit us to hold on to securing our survival position as the main priority, it's still unwise to dismiss sleeping and consecutive dreaming sequences at most as a medial daily routine. Not only do hallucinatory permutations of awareness come into effect while dreaming, but also important life-continuatory biochemical changes in our body, such as regeneration of tissues, or the ever-more seeked out relaxation.

Someone mentioned aliens and other surreal "beings" appearing in their visionary in the first phases of sleep carried by keeping conscious presence on and locked: lately this has been flowing a lot across my misty thoughtrealm, and being from a young age quite interested in the paranormal (especially aliens, even though materia, such as pictures, videos, stories, related to them still inspires a sense of unconditioned threat, urgency and just plain both physical and mental discomfort in me) I've tried hypothesizing on these experiences, but considering the mesmerizing and often devious nature of the subconscious it's really far from anything discernable. I'll try to elaborate in a wider approach also including the topic of auditory hallucinations and maybe (just maybe) felt changes in body shape (don't take it too literary), after I have taken my sleep.

Oh and how about a psychedelic lantern stimulating visual "cords" and in a way leaving the individual to easily enter hypnagogic state, for those who are starting out their own lucid dreaming sequences? Not forcibly, but I'll also take care to write a wordy introductory for it, expanding on aforementioned in other posts topics, unluckily left out by those who are most likely not keen on making observative assumptions (just a guess?). Now, just leaving a picture taken with my sleazy selfphone camera.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  10. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Funny enough, that particular fable strengthens your argument just as much as mine. You must've skipped the finish.

11. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have faith that you aren't actually this stupid, so I will once again call troll.

12. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I had a dream I forgot to check the "Have dreams" box on my brain's control panel

which is kinda funny because I haven't had dreams for a while

13. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just started trying to lucid dream myself.
    Found all the information i needed here, might wanna check it out: LD4all.com

I must say i find this extremly fascinating, because rarely ever dream at all or rather should i say i dont remember any of my dreams.
    So last night i tried to think to myself to remember my dream before falling asleep and as soon as i woke up, waddaya know i actually did and i wrote it down.
    The reason for writing it down is because the same dreamthemes are often recurring, meaning if i dream the same dream again i can tell if its a dream.

14. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One night ago I don't quite remember what I was dreaming, but I know that I realized it was a dream and -- this always happens when I realize I'm in a dream :hohum: -- I got kicked out. I remember feeling really heavy and I thought I'd manage to stay in the dream, but I slowly began to feel lighter. I don't know how long this lasted, but I know that, after a while, I realized I was awake and simply had my eyes closed.

But the coolest thing happened to me this night! I dreamed that I had woken up!
    I was having a regular dream. I was hiding from someone, but this place where I was laying down produced this metallic noise... I wonder if it was a sound from the real world. Anyway, at that point I realized it was a dream and, since I often wake up when I realize it's a dream, I thought I'd be waking up the next second. And I... sort of did. I saw the upper part of my room (roof?) for what I can remember being a very short while, and I reached for my pillow, but my hand felt so heavy. It didn't feel very real, so I thought: «Wait, am I still in a dream?», and this time I got tossed out for real xD but it was an extremely fun and interesting experience!
    But guess what? My hand was actually holding the pillow!

I think I actually realize I'm dreaming in a lot of dreams. I can't really remember what (or even if) I dreamed, but it would explain why I wake up so many times during the night.

15. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It seems its hard awake the conciousness without getting too excited and waking up.

Think im gonna try this method out, but seems a bit risky :D

16. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bad idea, Nudl. You've a larger chance to wet your bed than have a lucid dream that way.

Heck, you wet your bed after such dreams even if they aren't lucid.

17. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its not about drinking to that extent you got an urge to pee badly, but getting the feel of it.

18. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whether or not you have to pee badly, if you have a dream in which you take a piss, you actually take a piss. >_>

19. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The funny thing is that the same thing happens when.. wait, this is inappropriate for this forum.

Kind of interesting for me to see all these complicated methods of achieving lucid dreams, while my only problem is falling asleep.

20. Belgarath

Belgarath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    a PILD (piss induced lucid dream) is apparently quite effective since you WILL wake up, your body/mind have this kind of check that you're not dreaming/sleep paralyzed anymore and wake you up (or something along those lines)
    interestingly enough, the only place in a dream where you could go to the toilet, which is a pretty major bedwetter cause, is a false awakening, which is also a pretty good place for lucid dreams to start.
    you believe you awake, and just do your morning routine. sometimes, you write down your dreams (if you do that), and then wake up and do it again. of course it can go pretty overboard and get to a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream (lots of possibilities really)

@twistedimage - the lucid dreams are a lot better than fantasizing unless your imagination is godlike (even then, it will be much better in the dream). in the dream, your fantasies are the realities.
    beyond that, not only can you lucidly fuck around in the lucid dreams, but you can also, for example, talk to your subconscious. (though its not recommended, some people say that talking to your subconscious is fine, while others say that it'll scare you like hell even if you don't ask what your biggest fear. doing that will most definitely scare you to shit)