• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Low Poly Maya Tutorials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've been searching for awhile and couldn't seem to find any tutorial's within these forum's what teach/tell how to create low Poly model's in 'Autodesk Maya', I am desperately wanting to learn how to create low poly model's or mild poly models for WC3 and gain good techniques on structuring a model in Maya.

I've searched online but not much was found besides building basic thing's or nothing to do with medieval sorts. So I am wondering if there is a Tutorial within this forum what' suits my need's? Or is anybody able to produce one for the Maya user's out there!

Sincerely,
Jon

Level 6
Because More and more Companies are starting to look into Maya.
If you look under Blizzard for a job for Diablo III they're looking for a
'Experienced' Maya user.

Also Maya model's can be converted into .OBJ Files, plus it's the program
I've been using from the start, making me use to the key's and where about's of things.

Level 22
pretty sure u cant convert maya models into mdl/mdx.
If blizzard is looking for an expierenced Maya user, they probably want someone who can do more than just low-poly wc3 models. D3 has had a graphics improvement, and the models are on-par to most modern RTSs

Status
Not open for further replies.