• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LOTR Fellowship-Quest by SMLA V.4.73

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Licheus
This map is not just a fellowship-quest map. I have created a lot of cinematics in this map. I also used a few imports. But I did not use much because the map becomes bigger and the other players need year to download it.

So download this map and play it with somebody :D play all three movies of The Lord of the Rings. I also added some scenes of the Extended Edition.

How to win: Keep Aragorn, Sam, Frodo and Gandalf alive and destroy the one ring.
Players: 9
Teamplay: You have to heal each other.
Items: Every Hero has his own special-item and some healing items
Item-Shops: Just in Lorien: Healing and a special bonus-item can be bought there

This map might look untidy but look at these screenshots from the map:

182008-albums2759-picture22924.bmp

182008-albums2759-picture22927.bmp

182008-albums2759-picture22926.bmp

182008-albums2759-picture22925.bmp

182008-albums2759-picture22928.bmp

182008-albums2759-picture22929.bmp

Map, Landscape and Triggers: The-DooM-X
Testleading: Licheus
All Imports came from: BlackFire

DEMO: had the first part of the movie
V.1.0: Full Story but a lot of bugs
V.3.2: Completely changed, more cinematics and loads of imports.
V.4.2: Deleted some imports because downloading the map took too much time. The map had the limit of space.
V.4.3: Fixed some difficulties for Gandalf and Frodo. New Abilities.
V.4.4: Last changes in balance at the Black Gate
V.4.41: Clan-SMLA sign
V.4.42: Some Beauty-upgrades :p
V.4.5: minor timing changes
V.4.6: more enemies at Helms Deep and Isengard
V.4.71: created sky
V.4.73 same again. seems to be the last version

Updated: Jan 5 / 2010

Keywords:
lotr lord of the rings fellowship quest fellowshipquest fellowship-quest frodo sam merry pippin aragorn gandalf legolas gimli boromir gondor rohan mor
Contents

LOTR Fellowship-Quest by SMLA V.4.73 (Map)

Reviews
13:54, 9th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected The terrain is just... bad, the quality is also low in a few other points. I realise you've worked a long time on this, so I won't permanently reject it.

M

13:54, 9th Jan 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

The terrain is just... bad, the quality is also low in a few other points.
I realise you've worked a long time on this, so I won't permanently reject it.

It's not bad, but you should add colors and try to do hidden tags like this.

write [hiden=blablabla] and then close it with [/hiden](normaly you write 2xd]

EDIT:

Well i tried it now and i really have to say, that this is one of the worst terrains i have ever seen xD.
Sorry i don't won't to charge you, but it seems like you just randomly placed doodads in a mass and changed the unit names and colors.
:/

Level 4
It's not bad, but you should add colors and try to do hidden tags like this.

write [hiden=blablabla] and then close it with [/hiden](normaly you write 2xd]

EDIT:

Well i tried it now and i really have to say, that this is one of the worst terrains i have ever seen xD.
Sorry i don't won't to charge you, but it seems like you just randomly placed doodads in a mass and changed the unit names and colors.
:/

there are some parts where i placed the doodads randomly ofc :D but this map took me one year of work so i had to hurry some time. I was carefully with the characters. every hero there was a Paladin before and I didnt use custom models for them because of the mapspace. and for the terrain i have to say that i could not hold the original geographic.

there are some parts where i placed the doodads randomly ofc :D but this map took me one year of work so i had to hurry some time. I was carefully with the characters. every hero there was a Paladin before and I didnt use custom models for them because of the mapspace. and for the terrain i have to say that i could not hold the original geographic.

1 year?????
Dude what did you do there?
I mean good maps take time, i know, but this is something you can do in 1 week!

Level 10
Told you they'd be rough if you uploaded it here, my dear german friend. ^_^

I especially like the part which says "THX to » Licheus « for » testleading «". ;-)
Good luck with the map making. =)

Level 1
i was thinking maybe u can try uploading a guy archer to replace the female archer of legolas
maybe a new model or skin