• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LOTR Fellowship Quest by Jackthebest

Contents

LOTR Fellowship Quest by Jackthebest (Map)

Level 26
It's an old map and I guess the creator is not active anymore but I will comment it since I played it with one friend. The map is alright. I vote 2/5. The terrain isn't very good and one major problem is that the maximum hero level is still 10 although the abilities have more levels. Besides when Gandalf is removed and readded one loses the used tomes (attributes and items should be restored). The player of Boromir has no hero for a long time (Faramir appears only later). He should get Theoden instead of the first player. The videos only appear for player one and sometimes the units are not paused during the video and continue fighting. Besides no camera movements. Reincarnation items revive with only 500 HPs and therefore the hero dies as soon as revived and he gets damaged. They should be revived with full hp or at some point.

The map is fun until you have to go with Frodo and Sam only. It's quite boring to fight the spider and the two Orcs. The map is not quite like the movie (Frodo and Sam join the army in front of the black gate). An easy mode would be okay where all heroes are revived after some time and don't die forever. It could use more custom models and better terrain but it's an okay map.