• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lost Fel Temple (ROR) V 1.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ragnarok of races aka ROR
is a thing i will be doing for fun its just melee with other races. its not based on balance really i have a file you are allowed to change maybe make more balance (Mod)LostFelTemple.w3x
map s still WIP changes will be made.
races are:
Human: Human or High/Blood Elf
orc: Fel orc and burning legion
Undead: Undead (WIP)
Night Elf: Naga or currupted

this is version 1.6B
Contents

Lost Fel Temple (ROR) V 1.6 (Map)

Reviews
Zenonoth
Hello, just tested the map, here's my review: Pros - Nice idea with the custom races. - Nice choice of map for you to base your additions on Cons - Poor map description - Map is incomplete and is currently at BETA as you mentioned which I don't...
Hello, just tested the map, here's my review:

Pros
- Nice idea with the custom races.
- Nice choice of map for you to base your additions on

Cons
- Poor map description
- Map is incomplete and is currently at BETA as you mentioned which I don't think is allowed here, make a thread about it in Map Development
- No custom imports
- No custom spells
- No custom upgrades
- Hotkeys don't work
- Why would Fel Orcs have a Barrow Den?
- Icons don't match models

I'm rating this for 2/5 vote for Awaiting Update, you can also tell me if you're dissatisfied with my review/comment and I'll gladly remove it from your map's page since it's yours in the first place.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. Night Elf starts with Wisps which should be replaced with the specified faction's workers after choosing said faction.
2. It takes too much to upgrade to one of the factions. It has that Warcraft II boring feel when you have to wait to get going. Thing is, at least in WcII you could have chosen to build your main building wherever. Here, it's fixed.
3. Corrupted Night Elf buildings have broken animations. Try to find others in stead: models or skins.
4. Too many units the the Ancient of War. Two of them are orc spellcaster copies: the Satyr=Shaman; Satyr Shadowmancer=Spiritwalker (this one also has the Spiritwalker's icon). These units can be trained from the start. There are no upgrades in this building.
5. Corrupted Treant and Tumbler have the same icon.
6. Tumbler and Satyr's names have whole yellow text instead of just the hotkey.
7. Find proper names for the Tumbler. Plus, he is a Keeper of the Grove copy and has no hero glow. You can make one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
8. Where are the rest of the buildings for the Corrupted? What's the use of upgrading the main building? Only for unit damage and armour upgrades?
9. Needless to remind you that units don't even have upgrade slots...
10. The Tree of Eternity can also train the useless Wisps.

11. The Naga are just the ones in the campaign. No improvement whatsoever. They've also got the Demon Hunter like the Corrupted.

12. Town Hall and Village Hall both have the same icon.

13. Miners which are Wisps with Call to Arms can turn to Militia :confused:
14. You can't build the Town Hall because you don't have the necessary resources but you can the other one. I'm not sure if this is balanced even if you can harvest the necessary resources before building the hall.
15. The elf farm has its tooltip missing.
16. Swordsman's icon=that other dude's with tooltip missing.
17. Fix the upgrades for the elves. Long range for Riflemen? Animal War Training for Knights?
18. This faction only has two heroes; the other two above have three; actually Naga has two but at least there's the Royal Guard to compensate.
19. Swordsman's model=Captain's. They both have the same ability.
20. What's the logic of having two farm buildings? One gives 15 food and it's cheaper than the one which holds 6!
21. To Upgrade the Magic Hall to Castle, the Altar of Kings is needed, not the Altar of Blood.... Funny thing is that it is named Altar of Kings in the description.

22. Many orc buildings have whole yellow text title names instead of only for the hotkey.
23. Troll upgrades in the Barracks without any troll there...
24. You can buy the Cloak of Flames from the start. It should be a last tier purchase...
25. Why Burrow Den?
26. Bestiary looks like a Slaughterhouse... It's actually named Tortuary....
27. Why units in the building that summons heroes? It was understandable for Naga but here there are two and not that powerful, tier 1, 2 max...
28. Same two Satyrs as for the Corrupted race....
29. Pig Farms give 10 food and they're not really expensive.
30. The Fel Stalker and Raider can also be trained in the Bestiary...
31. Corrupted Spirit looks like a Wisp and is basically the Witch Doctor. The upgrades for its spells are in another building!
32. Upgrades like Liqueid Fire and other which are not for any unit...
33. Fel Stalker can also be trained at the portal....
34. Where do you get the Summons of Gul'dan from?

Overall very sloppy work. I'm afraid this is not worth being waited for update. Please think more than once before uploading a map in this state to the Maps section.
Set to Substandard.

============================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!