• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost Temple

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
An ancient temple is located at the center of this place.
To get from the enemy you pass through the temple and take over the base at its center.
There are:
- 5 Gold Mines
- 4 Green Creeps Camps
- 8 Orange Creeps Camps
- 1 Red Creep Camp
- 2 Goblins merchants

Keywords:
Lost, Temple, Ancient, Ruins, Melee, Map, Miky.
Contents

Lost Temple (Map)

Reviews
18:25, 22nd May 2013 Orcnet: Hell_Master's Review:

M

18:25, 22nd May 2013
Orcnet: Hell_Master's Review:
Hell_Master;2342936 said:
Hello there, I have played this melee map and I must say this is a bad quality of a melee map. Here is my review to give you some explanations:

Lost Temple Review
[+] Good Points:
-You putted the gold mines and shop decently. Good job!
[-] Bad Points:
-Terrain is really bad, you didnt even maybe give attention to it no offense. Terrain is so flat, you didnt even raise some levels to the ground. Terrain is so empty and you do know your melee is an open area so that calls for more doodads and destructibles. You used Blizzard Cliffs badly and that makes your terrain worse. Remember, cliffs are not meant to block a whole area but just a small area. You should have putted some tree around the cliffs also. Your terrain mostly needs proper detailing.
-You make your map an open area so there is no limit to players building their base but for me that is bad.You should have putted some trees to limit players because sometimes this makes gold mines so useless. What will be the use of expanded bases if your map is an open area?
[] Suggestions:
-No offense here but I think this is the worst yet terrain I have seen in a melee. I have given you some tips on how to improve this one. For the emptiness of the terrain, you should have fill it with doodads and detructibles for proper detailing. For the flatness, use the raise/lower tool and smooth/noise tool to make different levels to the ground. For proper detailing, follow all the tips said and to add... mix some tiles as your tiles right now is just one type of a tile used in most of the parts of the map.
-Limit the player's expansion of the map. Open area means limitless expandinf of base. The bad effect here will be that gold mines will lose their meaning in a melee for me.
Overall, this is really a bad melee map and I would rate this 1/5 and vote for Rejection.... I am very sorry! There is much time for you to improve this one so I ask you to improve this map.

Level 30
Hello there, I have played this melee map and I must say this is a bad quality of a melee map. Here is my review to give you some explanations:

Lost Temple Review
[+] Good Points:
-You putted the gold mines and shop decently. Good job!
[-] Bad Points:
-Terrain is really bad, you didnt even maybe give attention to it no offense. Terrain is so flat, you didnt even raise some levels to the ground. Terrain is so empty and you do know your melee is an open area so that calls for more doodads and destructibles. You used Blizzard Cliffs badly and that makes your terrain worse. Remember, cliffs are not meant to block a whole area but just a small area. You should have putted some tree around the cliffs also. Your terrain mostly needs proper detailing.
-You make your map an open area so there is no limit to players building their base but for me that is bad.You should have putted some trees to limit players because sometimes this makes gold mines so useless. What will be the use of expanded bases if your map is an open area?
[] Suggestions:
-No offense here but I think this is the worst yet terrain I have seen in a melee. I have given you some tips on how to improve this one. For the emptiness of the terrain, you should have fill it with doodads and detructibles for proper detailing. For the flatness, use the raise/lower tool and smooth/noise tool to make different levels to the ground. For proper detailing, follow all the tips said and to add... mix some tiles as your tiles right now is just one type of a tile used in most of the parts of the map.
-Limit the player's expansion of the map. Open area means limitless expandinf of base. The bad effect here will be that gold mines will lose their meaning in a melee for me.
Overall, this is really a bad melee map and I would rate this 1/5 and vote for Rejection.... I am very sorry! There is much time for you to improve this one so I ask you to improve this map.