• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost Temple

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
An ancient temple is located at the center of this place.
To get from the enemy you pass through the temple and take over the base at its center or go to the portal in the little temple near your base.
There are:
- 5 Gold Mines
- 8 Green Creeps Camps
- 12 Orange Creeps Camps
- 1 Red Creep Camp
- 2 Goblins merchants
- 2 Goblins Laboratories
- 2 Portals
- 2 Life Fountains

Thanks to the Blizzard for his World Editor

Keywords:
Lost, Temple, Sunken, Ruins, City, Ancient, Old, Map, Melee, Miky.
Contents

Lost Temple (Map)

Reviews
10:14, 29th May 2013 Orcnet:

M

10:14, 29th May 2013
Orcnet:
-Kobas-;2347595 said:
Map terrain is really bad. Map can't be approved in this state.
Open Blizzard made melee maps, terrain such as that is mostly average or higher quality.
Once when you submit map with such terrain we will approve your map.

Level 30
Well, I can see your terrain improved somehow but still not enough for Approval. Here is my review:

Lost Temple Review
[+] Good Points:
-Creep Positioning looks fine and not too near on bases
-Player Positioning looks good. No problems such as those spawning at creep camps.

[-] Bad Points:
-Terrain is decent but you have to fix many things: Try to mix more tiles and it will give more good results, try using Raise/Lower Tool to make different levels in the ground and not making the terrain flat, and Fill the environment with more doodads that best fits. THE TERRAIN NEEDS MORE LOVE FROM YOU :D
-Not enough resources:
  • you missed a Shop where it will be better if there is.
-Not that much strategic ways where you can do some ambushes and such things.

[] Suggestions:
-Improve your terrain, tips were given by you!
-Put some Goblin Merchants on the map or what we call shops.
-Make some strategic ways.
Overall, melee map with decent terrain but misses resources, strategic ways and such. I would rate this 2/5 and voting for Pending. Will only be approved when improvements were done!

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Hell Master, I have to point out that I think what you mean by "terrain" is the lay out, indeed it is good however the terrain is really bad: not enough environmental decoration, bad tile using which also very random, there are not enough trees to chop down and terrain is flat. Terrain itself is actually all, heights, cliffs, forests, all the decoration that you can see and pathing. Layout is the thing that you can see different strategies from and good places to create defends and other things like such and passive shops and creep camps.