• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost Temple

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
An ancient temple is located at the center of this place.
To get from the enemy you pass through the temple and take over the base at its center.
There are:
- 5 Gold Mines
- 6 Green Creeps Camps
- 10 Orange Creeps Camps
- 1 Red Creep Camp
- 2 Goblins merchants

Keywords:
Lost, Temple, Ruins, City, Ancient, Map, Melee, Miky.
Contents

Lost Temple (Map)

Reviews
19:07, 24th May 2013 Orcnet: Remixer's review:

M

19:07, 24th May 2013
Orcnet: Remixer's review:
Remixer;2344713 said:
Remixer's Review

Gameplay:
Lost Temple's layout has only one way to attack your enemy and even taht seems small for me, players can too easily defend their half of the map by putting some guards to the passage. The terrain is well balanced and the map seems fair for both players, however the layout is rather boring and it really has only 1 possible way to attack your enemy (except if you destroy some trees). And by the way, trees should be a lot closer to the starting location (which you have placed incorrectly by the way (it's too close to gold mine)). And why player 2 is a computer? It should be a player. I score it 2/5. The layout needs improvements.

Terrain:
Lost Temple's terrain seems really unfinished for me, it contains only 5 tile types out of 9, and the Rough Dirt is actually used only in the center. You really need a lot more work on this one. It seems also that the terrain contains no decorative doodads nor environmental eye candy. You also need to work on the possible ways to attack your opponent, the terrain is currently now just way too play and dirt covers 80% of the map. I rate terrain 0/5. But I see you have a good idea in there you just need more practicing.

Units:
Lost Temple's units are more or less well placed, however some of them need fixing. For example you must move the fountains closer to the middle of the map, currently you can destroy the trees on the higher floor and regenerate without the creeps noticing you. Also the gold mine in the center is pretty strange for me, why 2 level 10 turtles with 6 level item drops? Also I can find only one neutral unit on the map and even that is in the center. You should add more of passive units. Also, as I mentioned the starting locations are incorrectly placed, they are too close to the goldmines, you should check when the building appears ghosted in the editor when it is enough far from the gold mine, add is as close as you can so that the building still appears the range is 200. I score Units 2/5 they need just some minor fixings.

Overall:
Overall Lost Temple is very lacking map, it needs certainly better terrain and gameplay variations and proper unit placing, the biggest problem currently is the terrain, it looks terrible. Go on, I can see you have a nice idea there. You could check some terraining tutorials from the Tutorials section and improve your map. I score your map 1/5. You have an idea but you rushed with the map and it looks very unpolished. Update it and improve your skills and it will be good map for sure.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Remixer's Review

Gameplay:
Lost Temple's layout has only one way to attack your enemy and even taht seems small for me, players can too easily defend their half of the map by putting some guards to the passage. The terrain is well balanced and the map seems fair for both players, however the layout is rather boring and it really has only 1 possible way to attack your enemy (except if you destroy some trees). And by the way, trees should be a lot closer to the starting location (which you have placed incorrectly by the way (it's too close to gold mine)). And why player 2 is a computer? It should be a player. I score it 2/5. The layout needs improvements.

Terrain:
Lost Temple's terrain seems really unfinished for me, it contains only 5 tile types out of 9, and the Rough Dirt is actually used only in the center. You really need a lot more work on this one. It seems also that the terrain contains no decorative doodads nor environmental eye candy. You also need to work on the possible ways to attack your opponent, the terrain is currently now just way too play and dirt covers 80% of the map. I rate terrain 0/5. But I see you have a good idea in there you just need more practicing.

Units:
Lost Temple's units are more or less well placed, however some of them need fixing. For example you must move the fountains closer to the middle of the map, currently you can destroy the trees on the higher floor and regenerate without the creeps noticing you. Also the gold mine in the center is pretty strange for me, why 2 level 10 turtles with 6 level item drops? Also I can find only one neutral unit on the map and even that is in the center. You should add more of passive units. Also, as I mentioned the starting locations are incorrectly placed, they are too close to the goldmines, you should check when the building appears ghosted in the editor when it is enough far from the gold mine, add is as close as you can so that the building still appears the range is 200. I score Units 2/5 they need just some minor fixings.

Overall:
Overall Lost Temple is very lacking map, it needs certainly better terrain and gameplay variations and proper unit placing, the biggest problem currently is the terrain, it looks terrible. Go on, I can see you have a nice idea there. You could check some terraining tutorials from the Tutorials section and improve your map. I score your map 1/5. You have an idea but you rushed with the map and it looks very unpolished. Update it and improve your skills and it will be good map for sure.