• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Terrain i made of an ancient city

Attachments

• 22222.png
    22222.png
    825.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
1. Too much glow on the left side
2. Background mountains do not seem far enough
3. Your rock texture is stretched too much and looks like crap
4. youve got trees popping out of rocks
5. small trees, Huge shrubs
6. water fall seems like a different color than the water
7. I dont know what those rays of light are doing there. they dont seem to fit as they are only coming from one section.

Overall, i see potential in this.

Level 24
Yes the trees are way to small compared to the rest of the picture, especially compared to the fences on the left side of the terrain. Also the fences look really strange, how you have tilted them, and they are probably a bit to big. It just doesn't look right to me.

Also a better sky would help a lot with the atmosphere of the terrain. At the moment its really just a dark blue sky with a couple of random clouds. Apart from those things though this is a good terrain though.

Level 5
Ok i fixed the trees but shud i stack rock after rock to make the texture unstretched or is there an easier way?The right building on the hill is tilted a little bit because i didnt like how it looked straight.

Level 8
Snog/fog too dense for the mountains - Try setting the end z farther to get some terrain color back into your background hills.

Add variety of tree type and tree sizes. Think seedlings around the base of those trees - similar or same variety but much smaller.

Use something like rock chunks (if for a game convert to ramps) to break up the monotony of your rocks.

Those huge rocks you are using work better if you set them inside of the hillside and lower them - yes I know, most of it will be hidden by the terrain (hill slope) you go back in with smaller rocks to fill in. This way you will be able to disguise the hideous over sized texture of your rock models.

Status
Not open for further replies.