• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lost City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Ka-boom! City lost. : o

Attachments

• The Lost City.PNG
    The Lost City.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 337
Level 10
i'm gonna be kinda harsh and say i love the angle and love some of the architecture but . . .the rest of it seems a little boring . . . little too like random placements of broken bits . . . .i love the theme as well but i think maybe make it on a slightly larger scale . .

Level 18
is it based off De-facto's terrain ?

either way. its very good. i really like the fog and camera angle.

however....
the textures are very apparent in this screenshot. and i would have to agree, the placement is sort of random. I would suggest haveing a half/burnt down structure...cause there really is nothing coming from the ground, just little rocks and statues.

the units are scary. +rep though

Level 19
The angle and light is indeed inspired by him. ;)

I agree about the textures. Not really anything to do about it however. We are talking about warcraft III. : <

The structures are actually ruins. They are not recently destroyed, but destroyed a looong time ago by dragons. Do you see one? ;D I figured most ruins are kind of random, and randomness creates the sense of mess and destruction, which leads the focus towards the city. That is why I did not make pattern. It was not my aim to do so, and I do not plan to do so either. :p

Level 11
The distant torches stick out in a bad way and some things look a bit out of place but I guess that was the aim of the whole lost and destroyed feeling. The terrain looks pretty nice, and the lightning is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.