• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Losing Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Blizzard announced Sc2 two years ago, it was like "Whoa, the greatest game ever! I cant wait for it! I'm gonna die if they dont release it soon", but now, its like I dont care anymore when they release it. The waiting time made me lose my interest on it. When it comes out it will be great, but not the same thing.

Does somebody fells the same?

Level 3
If you want to discuss about the LAN not included, make own thread for it or post in the old one x( Almost every thread leads to "qq no lan". Not like I'm happy about it either...

I was really hyped up when they announced SC2, yes. Played SC for months after that. But, then the excitment was gone. I made myself busy with IRL and WoW. And WC3 map editor(yeah that got me far...)

But now, about two weeks ago I checked all the info there's been released, and it hyped me up really badly, now I'm SC fanatic :x Watching SC pro-league matches, playing SC, constantly checking SC2 forums... All that.

So, it's rollercoaster :) I recommend not to expect it untill they announce release date, just go on with everything else in your life, busy yourself.

But they sure are taking their time :/ Sadly, WoW takes lot from Blizzard, so other games suffer because of that. They dont have completly separate staffs for each game. And because WoW is nowdays really rushing forwards, it will toll other games even more... not to speak about the unannounced new mmo ;o

Bottomline: GIEF MAH SC2! Buying it mostly for single-player, and editor.

Level 3
ive never been a fan of starcraft, but compared to what the world editor in warcraft can do, im not interested. And im not sure how the editor will look in Starcraft :d

Starcraft's editor(named Galaxy) will be better than in WC3, naturally :) It will be improved in every possible way, and it's possible to customize ANYTHING in SC2 with it, so only limit is your imagination. It's like an huge upgrade to warcraft's world editor. And just think about how much custom stuff community will throw at it to get the themes we want... fantasy, sci-fi, and everything between and more.

Well, this is what they've told to us and let us understand. And I believe it. Afterall, WC3 World Editor is 7 years old, technology and Blizzard's resources has grown *quite* a bit during this time. And they KNOW that map-making is serious bussines for a huge communities, so they want to give their best, just like with the whole game.

Level 25
I'm just chilling until release, then I'll buy it all.

And don't whine about the announcement, they prob wouldn't be able to hide from the whole community that they're hiring people, + they got feedback from the community about models and shit. (the early graphics sucked).

Level 3
Well, they had to tell that they're doing it so they can get feedback(though reading SC2 forums, it's mostly huge trolling, flaming and stupid questions...).

But you know Blizz, they'll release it when it's done :)

Level 7
They should stop updating WoW and working on D3, to keep the things going on with SC2 IMO

I hope this thing don't become another Starcraft Ghost or Lord of the Clans.
If they were to cancel SC2 at this point, the community would never forgive them.

On topic - My interest was renewed when they released all that new info about the Terran campaign...

Level 14
It's not going to be another Starcraft Ghost or Lord of the Clans. If it is, they'll most likely lose a whole hell of a lot of customers and Blizzard is smart enough to at least know that.

Anyway, I've lost interest a little, but I'm rather sure that when an actual update to the website comes or when the game comes out (as I'm more than likely not going to see the website update) I'll be more than interested in getting it.

Starcraft was always my favorite Blizzard game. Unfortunately I've stopped playing it because b.net became a hub of absolutely terrible games. So hopefully with the new one coming out, it'll spark renewed interest.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
SC2 has greatly raised my interest in it recently, especialy the new gameplay of the campaign. SC2 does have LAN for all you stupid people who think it does not, just you need to be connected to the internet to use it (which most game playing humanity should be in the year 2010). Their DMR sounds prety harmless, a once off internet connect is nothing and they apparently have no install limate or CD protection.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The point of LAN is a private network where only people connected to your network can use it.

Yes, and SC2 accomadates you via having LAN options when hosting games on battlenet so only people on your LAN can join. Yes you have to be connected to the internet but everyone is nowdays and they even advise you log into battlenet for playing the campaign so you get achievements.

Level 22
NO, I'm NOT losing interest. After I played a ladder game a drophacker from Russia stats 70:25 solo all his wins up to 3 minutes, and I saw how abused the game is in 2v2, no skill just lame shit, I do NEED to change this game ASAP, War3 is overabused from melee, then again it is overabused from mapmaking and models - so many models about the same thing...And it is abused from Dota. It's an ill old game that it's even hard to find a partner to play with.. it needs a change.

That's what I told a friend - wowzaaa I've started this game when I was 10th grade and now I'm almost at the end of uni, years after leaving the teen years. Pfff war3. It was gr8 but enough!

Level 21
I'll be fine if they release a date on its arrival or finish it soon. I'm excited for the Protoss though, but waiting this long well made me forget about it.

Level 7
Sc2 will be fun to play, but it's pissing me off because of all the cheap things they're doing. Now we might have to pay for some maps?! What is up with that. I don't want to have to play for a map! Even if the creator spent weeks on it, it'd have to be awesome. A trilogy makes me mad as well. They better be quality. All of it.

We need more petitions.

Level 12
Sc2 will be fun to play, but it's pissing me off because of all the cheap things they're doing. Now we might have to pay for some maps?! What is up with that. I don't want to have to play for a map! Even if the creator spent weeks on it, it'd have to be awesome. A trilogy makes me mad as well. They better be quality. All of it.

We need more petitions.

What if that person never made the map? Then it wouldn't make ANY difference would it if it cost money or not. It's the best incentive ever to make quality maps.

Starcraft 2's campaign is going to be huge. Apparently the Terran campaign alone is larger than all of Starcraft + Broodwar. WERE TALKING HUGE! So I'm pretty sure you're getting a great deal for the $150 you'll probably spend.

Level 1
I absolutely agree! Like i think Blizzard thinks they are so cool that they may work as long as they like, cause everyone will buy it anyway

Level 6
Go to Gametrailers.com and watch some of the Blizzcon footage like the custom editor video. That should spark you interest. It did to me, anyway. This game is looking a lot better than its predecessor. The art video was good too. Man, I can't wait. Too bad it won't come out until 2010-(1st half I think).

Now we might have to pay for some maps?! What is up with that. I don't want to have to play for a map! Even if the creator spent weeks on it, it'd have to be awesome.

WTF!!!! Dont worry, we will able to get illegal free copies of these maps somewhere :D

Weeks? A good map creator spend months making a map. Like me, I have worked on my WW3 map almost every weekend on the last 3 years.

Level 11
Remove lan = $$
Add badass editor = $$
Then its better to make you own engine instead of working with blizzard tools that gives money to them. Ou y some mapper will get like 0.000001% of their profit i think.

Anyway nobody is loosing interest... its just a game. This questions is for fans. I bet fans dont like no lan yes - losing interest. Hm I think fans dont care about editor.

Whenever you buy their game you support them so... think.

Level 13
Making your own engine. LOL. Do you have any idea how hard it would be to make an engine that could compare to the SC2 engine?

You always have to option of transitioning to gamemaking instead of modding, but you can't just make your map a standalone game without making major sacrifices, at least in the graphics department.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
I do not see what limits the wc3 editor... everyone says it has limits but before and even after they removed the "return bug" I still find it unlimited and I question you guys what is limited for you, yes I know I am a little off of this thread so I will make a comment about SC2 as well.
All the future lovers will enjoy it to the highest possiblity until blizzard does the same thing like this just because of a quote i hear on Bnet so much from so many mapmakers, heres a few quotes: "SO KEWL the sc2 editor looks so epic and we will be able to make so good maps in sc2 just becuz its in 3d!! WOOO." Yes that was a real quote and the other one is from a bit serious person then that last one... : "Well I find the wc3 editor to be limited just because I can not find out how to make my map have features like driving to other planets in those future MMORPGS and it seems blizzard has made the SC2 editor capable of that just because I saw 4 pictures of it and as well I think the SC2 editor has way better graphics." I have provided two real quotes and I would like to ask why is that.
When I saw SC2 and compared the graphics WC3 was better then SC2 just because I made my own models for WC3 and for SC2 I do not think the option will be as great, I also managed to do what SC2 did in their video's...

Level 13
WC3's graphics, better than SC2's? WC3 has no limits? What jacked up views you have...

You can do many things in WC3, but you ARE limited by the extreme inefficiency of the JASS language and the game's code. You could technically make a map with 1,000 bouncing cubes, but the framerate would be listed in seconds per frame, rather than frames per second. You CAN make a game with 1,000 bouncing cubes in a different engine that was coded from the ground up to support such a thing, provided you have a good CPU.

SC2 has a new engine with better optimization and more built-in features. This amounts to an enormous speed boost. You can do much more with that added power than you can in WC3. Also, the new engine makes use of more modern graphics technology than WC3, such as, I dunno, texture and full-screen shaders, raytraced shadows, higher texture resolutions with more advanced compression algorithms, more detailed models with more animations, etc... How can WC3 look better when SC2 makes rather good use of all of those new technologies?

Level 7
When I saw SC2 and compared the graphics WC3 was better then SC2 just because I made my own models for WC3 and for SC2 I do not think the option will be as great, I also managed to do what SC2 did in their video's...

What.

ANYWAY. I'm looking forward to some nice mods!

Level 10
The War3 editor is rather limited (compared to what modders want from it nowadays). Once you start experimenting with game styles that require a different or more advanced UI, more physics and such, you'll realize it.
Ofcourse, still you can do just about anything with Warcraft 3 down to the engine probably if you start to seriously altering it. But looking at the Blizzcon, it seems the SC2 editor will be more... what to say.. *user friendly*. More things will be possible, and more things that were allready possible, will no longer require a huge ammount of modding, as they have for example announced that they have included such things as an inventory system, which SC2 doesn't need, but the modders will need it.
It's all seems really inviting to me. I can't wait to buy it. The gameplay also seems to have been really improved, the missions, and everything.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Well as I said above I stick with my decision and opinion about wc3 still owning SC2, plus if you don't got a good enough computer you couldn't play SC2 even...

Level 4
I was like this too, until I saw the video that was made by the staff of this website (that same video is how I found out about this place).

Level 17
I've lost all interest. I won't be buying the game.

And what I think N.O was trying to say was that when Warcraft III was released it was a graphical marvel, so to speak. Starcraft 2's release just won't have the same impact Warcraft III did. Personally I don't see it. It just looks like another RTS to me, it's not doing anything innovative or anything and there will be plenty of newly released titles that are just better at the time of it's release.

Too much hype since Starcraft was an RTS god, but the genre has changed drastically since then. What was once innovative and outstanding in Starcraft is now common grounds for all the generic RTS games. No LAN being included sealed the deal for me. I play local with a large group of friends often, and we just can't be fucked buying 8-10 separate copies (Since they have no interest in playing the campaign or playing online, we just enjoy playing together.)

Level 12
I've lost all interest. I won't be buying the game.

And what I think N.O was trying to say was that when Warcraft III was released it was a graphical marvel, so to speak. Starcraft 2's release just won't have the same impact Warcraft III did. Personally I don't see it. It just looks like another RTS to me, it's not doing anything innovative or anything and there will be plenty of newly released titles that are just better at the time of it's release.

Too much hype since Starcraft was an RTS god, but the genre has changed drastically since then. What was once innovative and outstanding in Starcraft is now common grounds for all the generic RTS games. No LAN being included sealed the deal for me. I play local with a large group of friends often, and we just can't be fucked buying 8-10 separate copies (Since they have no interest in playing the campaign or playing online, we just enjoy playing together.)

Boohoo, you and your friends would have to play legally :confused:
That would be disastrous!

Level 5
I never really got into Starcraft. The first blizzard game i ever played was war3 and after that starcraft seems a different flavour of something less refined. Dont get me wrong starcraft was great, but in my opinion it is great like the original doom was great. Defining and innovative.

I cannot wait for the Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. Just looking at the previews of Galaxy... Uberlisk man, UBERLISK. I severly wish blizz would stop milking the WoW stick-pig cow and start some serious, hands and knees to the floor developing.

Blizz unfortunately does this when it begings developing a new game. Annocing it early lets them have serious advanteges on feedback but people end up dying of faustration and by the time the game comes out 20% or more is already anticipated, leaving a dumbed down feeling of surprise.

Even if S2 contained a bad campaign (it wont, starcrafts campaign was pretty epic and this one should be just as good if not better, if pricy.) i would still buy the game just for Galaxy because... well... UBERLISK.

Status
Not open for further replies.