• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gg Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Got me in the middle of a custom map with tanks that are like walking bunkers.

This beta was nearly 4 months. Let's say beta is down for June and up in the first 2-3 weeks of July. 1 or 2 weeks will pass so fast, that one can say it is already over. Last week I didn't care about it because there was no minimap and how was oen gonna play like that? But it got fixed. I was mad at placements, but I found out I can rank up fast and it is no fun to start lowest, but it is also more fun if you have to climb up than be placed up directly. I started enjoying ladder more in the last days when I was playing with purpose - to climb up, so now I feel a little sad that it's over. DOn't get me wrong, I Won't miss bnet 2.0 but the gameplay itself, the game.

I entered in beta on April 18th, have played more than 100 games (melee) but that's way insufficient. Will do more in the future.

I;m gonna start working on maps as I planned in 2007 but not until the release and when I actually see some M3 plugins made...

What are you gonna do for that time of no beta? Im going to play war3, get back to my team, finish the last things that im doing in a war3 map, watch some SC2 replays :>

Level 9
I'm going to mod for SC2, the Editor will hopefully still work. Not creating anything serious, just practicing :D

Also, now that I know how the editor work, and what might be possible to create, I can start doing some concept for my first real project for SC2 :) But for that first real project, I won't use the beta-editor, I'll wait for the real thing to come out.

Level 40
The problem is that you can "see how the game plays under war3 conditions" and how it plays is "incredibly imbalanced". The access to a bunch of bases and their layouts is an integral part of a healthy metagame, and theorycrafting which directly goes against this basic concept is pointless.

Also, I doubt you have played against "real good players, not just diamond".

Level 22
All Im gonna say PurplePoot is - you dont know me, I have played vs known players in zotac Warcraft III and various other tournaments throughout the years, for now just vs unknown in SC2 but it can happen that I am just 1 round away frm Whitera, TLO, naniwa and other players etc, just a matter of time to play vs them. So whether you doubt or not is all your problem, I dont care.

I said the map was just for playing SC2 war3 style, you keep bashing it while knowing I am aware why it is not good for SC2, but that was the idea - to play war3 conditions.

If you think Im impressed by someone just cause dimaond - im not at all. I am platinum and can get diamond, not to say US players are inferior players, so that doesnt impress me even slightly being in diamond.

Level 22
If playing with war3 conditions is imbalanced, and playing with war3 conditions is the idea, is the idea for the map to be imbalanced?

Why ask me? I'm not the one saying it. I made it so that it has 1 entrance ramp and is on a cliff in SC style, cause it would be imba if I didn't make it 1 entrance and was really like war3. Blistering Sands has 1 entrance and 1 blocked by rock entrance, Steppes of War has the same distance b-n bases, I dont see a problem but some were obviously trolling it. Afterall that's Echo Isles, that's why im doing it not a big map like SC maps.

This is a map I did like 'by the way let's do EI' ... Some will play it, some will not, dont know why the discussion and mostly bashing it continues..

May I please ask what "Zotac Warcraft III" is?

PS: Thank you in advance:)

http://wc3.cups.gamesports.net/en/statics/information/

Level 40
There is a lot more to an SC/2 map than having a cliff and one entrance to your main base (fun fact, some maps don't have a cliff or even have an inverted cliff). Calling me a troll and/or saying stuff then deleting your posts when I call you on your bullshit, let alone saying that North American players are inferior so I must be bad, doesn't help you.

Level 22
ORLY? I thought I posted several times I know what a SC map needs however, this is a little different environment and that's the idea. It's true about NA players. Asia > EU > NA gg. I felt you needed a little bashing for your posts. If you don't like it don't comment it, im done with you, and with this thread.

Level 40
When you post a map except some constructive criticism, not braindead praise. If you only want braindead praise you're doing it wrong as a mapmaker.

Also, even if you argue that the top EU players are better than the top NA players (which is arguable, I wouldn't say there is any evidence whatsoever to support that) that doesn't affect that the average NA player is roughly equivalent to the average EU player. By your logic I could argue that NA players are better than EU players are better than Asian players because THW has better players on NA than on EU and THW has better players on EU than on Asia (since we don't really have many/any asians).

Level 11
If you think Im impressed by someone just cause dimaond - im not at all. I am platinum and can get diamond, not to say US players are inferior players, so that doesnt impress me even slightly being in diamond.
You know, I don't think it matters how good someone is. It doesn't affect the validity of their points in the least. Also, if you are platinum, why are you saying you would not be impressed by a diamond player (as those players would be better than you)?

Level 22
It's not about his point about what the map needs. It's about the 'I doubt you played vs better than just diamond' that Im saying I dont care if he's diamond in his US server what he thinks of me apparently, whether he doubts or whatever. cause he doesnt mean anything to me.. I have people who know me. Because I play vs Diamond and I dont kiss asses and become Fanboy of someone Diamond, unlike some here, that's why ?

I'm not against critics for the map.. Im just saying I know what SC2 map has to be more for SC, it has to keep some of its war3 features or else why import it at all. This is EI, if another map, it would have more resource fields. Might not be best for SC2 but can sure be playable when there are many games that end under 13 minutes and you dont really expand, think of this as a rush map.

Im impressed that this ordinary map yes I say it, nothing so special (im not afraid to underestimate my work unlike others), is so discussed but I dont see a point, a moderator can just lock this thread, went too OT and even though I stopped posting saying Im done, I see more and more useless posts after..

Status
Not open for further replies.