• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lore-map/campaign Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
What is this?
This is a map or campaign tournament idea (encouraging the campaign) in which the central aspect is to enhance a specific part forgotten in Hive (including several parts of the WoW) of the excellent Warcraft story. While it is not necessary the ideal would be to maintain the current lore (after Cronicas) as much as possible. Beyond the details. What do you think of the idea in general?
I am definitely not sure that any member can give tournament ideas, but, as I did not find any rules that prohibit it, I decided to try it

Level 12
No. There's a reason contests here are only done on a single skin/model/icon set/etc. The fact is that creating something from scratch, especially a map, takes time - a lot of time if you want to create something with good quality.

The last mini-mapping contest lasted for ~2 months. Creating a campaign, even a short one, means more than one (probably more than two) maps - that's ~6 months if you want quality work, and ain't nobody got time for that. You'd have better luck suggesting WC lore as a theme for the next mini-mapping contest.

Level 11
Okey, Thanks for the really quick answer. Actually I was not entirely sure of the fixed structures of the contests.
Beyond that, I do not think that 6 months is a bad thing, being that a campaign is always something pleasant to see, but you're more experienced, so I guess it's my mistake:)

Level 29
What is this?
This is a map or campaign tournament idea (encouraging the campaign) in which the central aspect is to enhance a specific part forgotten in Hive (including several parts of the WoW) of the excellent Warcraft story. While it is not necessary the ideal would be to maintain the current lore (after Cronicas) as much as possible. Beyond the details. What do you think of the idea in general?
I am definitely not sure that any member can give tournament ideas, but, as I did not find any rules that prohibit it, I decided to try it
No. There's a reason contests here are only done on a single skin/model/icon set/etc. The fact is that creating something from scratch, especially a map, takes time - a lot of time if you want to create something with good quality.

The last mini-mapping contest lasted for ~2 months. Creating a campaign, even a short one, means more than one (probably more than two) maps - that's ~6 months if you want quality work, and ain't nobody got time for that. You'd have better luck suggesting WC lore as a theme for the next mini-mapping contest.

Starcraft 2 heart of the swarm and legacy of the void focus on planets (2-3 missions each planet).

a mini campaing of 2 maps is posible in 1 month. (small maps 96x96, 1-2 main objetives, 1-2 optional objetives, short cinematics). and in worst case an extention can be added if people need it.
(mini-maps may be long because of tons of triggers, campaing triggers can be more cheap).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
After all, i sayed "specific part". Maybe I do not explain myself well. One aspect of history only appeared in Chronicles, is the order of Draenor. This is, at most, 3 quick missions, one on Grond and his death, another of the colossi, and finally the end of Botaan and most of the Genosaurs (the last 2 can be just one). With about 3 months of time, and teams of 2 or maybe even 3 people, it should be more than enough time for 2 or 3 missions of 2 objectives

Level 14
I can say there is very super little chance of having a Campaign Contests because it takes time, even years, and decades to do so. Well if there will be one, it must be a shiny golden medal with 2500 reputation points for the winner. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.