• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-=Lordaeron RPG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well i'm going between a few but 1 of mine that you might not even need it the damage detector which displays the damage/crits you hit/take

I see well when you get a chance post all the systems that you have ;)

Level 9
o btw spet how do i make a group :p o and cha if you need i can take a look at the systems b4 you post them if they are GUI.

For groups i think you have to talk to ralle to create but im not to shure, and im getting a tablet soon ^_^ so expect alot of art and concepts, also a loading screen >:D

Level 9
ha ok i will ask admins. awesome :p do we have a modeller/ and or skinner.

hmmm, well with this good news of a tablet i will consider learning how to skin, Ive also looked into modeling, but be aware that i probably wont add anything to the map that i made due to that it will be very ..... um lets just say noob ^.^

Level 9
well im gonna learn how to skin about next week so if you want you can learn about same time.

Yes that would be very nice, and for the map i think we should look for one more member, what we need is a good scripter, i mean ive been looking thought the maps section and the map development section and we need to step out game up >:D im going to put a 150% into my part of the update so i think what im going to do is get a professional terrainer to come and terrain the map because currently the terrain is not acceptable, so sorry if i have the map abit longer then expected but trust me when i say that this part of the update will be the most crucial ;)

Level 12
Okay I just now found a major downside while testing my damage detection when multiple units are banging on 1 unit it spams to the point were you cant really tell what your hitting anymore any suggestions i am already putting in different colors for different damage types.

Level 9
ok and ya the terrain needs alot of work as everyone has said. :D also maybe custom cmd icons? im making a set right now we could use in the map. i got 3 done so far they are in the icons section.

Sorry to disappoint you but we already have command icons, unless yours are better :D

Attachments

• cmds.png
    cmds.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 105
Level 9
Heres the first version of my damage detection system and since there was so many of these made before i decided not to upload mine to THW

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/118601/

Any suggestions or maybe different colors to better match the map just say something :thumbs_up:

Im lovin it, i think the only thing that you need to change is the speed of the numbers so that they dont stack on top of each other ;) other than that, very nice system ^_^

Level 12
Real do you know anything about the trigger event "unit - a unit begins casting an ability" because for my AFK system i used this and i can't seem to get it to work is there anyway you can check it out later (im at school right now) just to see if i messed up on the code or if some thing has happened?

Please, Thank you, and +rep if you do :thumbs_up:

Level 12
Well that helps it alot and i really like how it floats away from the direction in which the damage is taken but if 2 units still attack in the same direction at the same time the text over laps which is what i was trying to prevent do you have any ideas how to do that?

EDIT* I also removed the clear every 8+ seconds trigger since theres no reason to clear it.

1 more thing how about i make that text optional like if player type -damage text on then the text will start appearing?

Level 15
ok well you have another trigger
and 1 more variable variable is boolean.
if unit types -dmg txt then set boolean to true/false. and make an if then else statement in the other trigger checking if its on or not. o also make the boolean an array. and make the set the triggering player.

Level 12
Nah not that i know how to do that i was talking about how the text can still overlap is there a way to stop it from overlaping?

EDIT* Also just realized if you turn this trigger on/off it turns it on/off for every player in the game so i will make it a host only command

Last edited:
Level 9
Alright so the map is coming along very nicely, now i need some help with the ability's on the set items, ill post all the names and which hero is corresponds too

Level 9
ok well damage system is done it looks great. ill upload in a sec.
if you want ill work on the watever systems you need.

I almost positive this isnt a sysytem but we need some triggers that tell you what are you're entering, example: Now Entering: Black Forest, a fairly simple trigger ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.