• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee/RPG map plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok, First, let me introduce myself, i'm cronodevir, i just bought warcraft 3 a few days ago for the first time, and id say i love it very much. I am planning a map already, epic in scale, which will prolly take a long why to be 'complete', so here's the plan...

Concept

There will be 4 [undecided] Players with the basics needed to build a standard army like in any melee game. And this will be becasue the lord of the land has opened a challenge on his land, anyone who can conqure it in whole, will recive it as a reward. So player would build up a nice little army, whilst leveling his Hero up to 50 [undecided], and he will comence to defeat the other players, while also defending himself from random creep attacks [the land lord will of course be trying to stop you with his own minions] And after you have beaten the other players [this is where the rpg elemnt coems in, and wether i decided to make it 8 players with 2 or 4 player teams] The land lord will give you a few tests to see if your really fit to be lord of the land. [here is basicly where unit production and the melee element ends] And there will be other optinal quests you can do for major item rewards.

In the end, your hero or party of heros will have to fight the lord of the land himself in a big epic battle [this event will not happen untill your hero s atleast lvl 45 or 90% of total levels, or when all of the parties heros are like this]

A few of the features will be respawning quests,items,creeps so the map will almsot always be full of fauna and maby even some flora :)

The size is 256x256 of course, and i ahve already started on some of the terrain and monster placement, and i am investigateing the trigger system, though, i will porlly still ask tons of questions about triggers.

This map will be single player and multiplayer hopefully. The RPG section will not start until there is on player left or 1 team left. So you could play single player with just yourself and imediately jump into the rpg section.

Well, this is the general concept and plan, what do you guys think?

Level 4
I think you shouldn't even attempt this project untill you are more familiar with the World Editor and Warcraft III in general. I myself look at this as just a melee map with some changes...it doesn't sound at all like an rpg to me untill say the last 10 minutes of game play...anyway like i said try making small maps and things to develop your mapmaking ability before you even start any work on this map idea.

Level 1
Oh, quite so, i do agree, the map WILL be custom melee at first, but later i will add stuff for a more rpg style map, or, i was thinking, of makeing it a campaigne, where you just carry the hero over [if possiable]

I will say that after haveing thought about it, i'll have to change soem stuff, depending on how fast leveling is, i'll have to adjust the maximum level for the character, seeing as monsters respawn, the later levels have higher max level settings...

but meh, i need to learn how to make triggers first, though, with experiense in SC triggering, i am sure it won't take long...

right now, my goasl is to make a custom melee map, i'm not even worried about any rpg elements yet...

Level 7
cronodevir said:
but meh, i need to learn how to make triggers first, though, with experiense in SC triggering, i am sure it won't take long...

hmm, SC triggering is far from war3 though, since war3 is event based with actual structured language constructs, whereas SC had one event, periodical, and only boolean and, if you knew what you were doing, integer variables

although i guess SC triggering knowledge is better than nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.