• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-=Lordaeron RPG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ya i didnt make the battlemage spells, but yes if you could clean up the code to make it run faster that would be nice :D

Level 15
Oh another thing that i want to do but i will ask first :D
Instead of player blue being able to kick other players i can make a host-detection trigger and make him able to kick others.
Do you want me to?

EDIT:Oh by the way...i have found a lot of strange triggers like this..
WHAT THE HELL?
  • -removed
How can you possible create all these weathers after 1 sec game time and expect to see all of them?
We could make a trigger which defines random weathers every few minutes.

Last edited:
Level 9
Um yah those weather Trigs are garbage, please delete them, and yeah if you could create the host-Detection system that would be nice :D

Level 9
Nice, i love to know that someone is actualy putting in effort besides me lol :p
Usualy i hear "Oh well i dont seem to have enough time", Now things seem like thier starting to progress ^^

Level 15
ha well i got time im just waiting for the map :p leave some triggers for me. i want stuff to do also. :)

A lot of effects are created wrong and not properly destroyed or leaking.
I will leave those to you(it will help you learn more about spell making).
Just a tip...try to use hashtables.

I will fix the rest.
EDIT:I am now fixing the -find #player# trigger...kinda tough.
EDIT2:Yep it's done,too...It took quite a few minutes to find a way to do it.
I also wanted to ask you about this...what is this supposed to do?
  • Command Open
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -players as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -players as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -players as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -players as An exact match
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -players as An exact match
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -players as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Triggering player) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set PlayerForce[2] = (All players matching ((Matching player) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in PlayerForce[2] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set Player[2] = (Picked player)
          • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == udg_Player[2] then
          • Multiboard - Show Multiboard
          • Custom script: endif
        • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Level 9
Boneknight created that trigger, its supposed to show a multiboard to a specific player

Level 9
no it was supposed to work so that each player can switch between each multiboard, instead of if one person switches it it changes for everyone, the attribute multiboard isn't finished though, i cant get it to display the attribute variables

Level 12
Nice, i love to know that someone is actualy putting in effort besides me lol :p
Usualy i hear "Oh well i dont seem to have enough time", Now things seem like thier starting to progress ^^

Your refering to me -_-

anyway do you still have the old command buttons i put in the map because if you do check and see if they glow green when you open the game menue if they do then i need to add the btn files to them....

Level 9
lmao okay well i had just remembered and btw have you been working on the website any or is it just a waste>?

No ive been working on small amounts of it everyday, but im so busy that i usually can only work on it for like 3 hours a day :p

Level 9
yeah, im currently trying to find a good chat system for the site like how Hive has but everything i find sucks ass :p

Level 9
I have already fixed about half of the triggers.Now i will fix the rest as soon as i find time,and send the map to SpEtNeZz.

Nice dude, that's what i like to hear, just let me know when you are finished so i can update the list ;)

Level 9
What you can do is create multiple multiboards (6 to be exact) and then hide them all in one trigger and then have another trigger that if a player types -attribute or the name of the command then show the multiboard for that player, the trigger would look like this:
  • Multiboard Player 2
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -attribute as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PlayerForce[2] = (All players matching ((Matching player) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in PlayerForce[2] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Player[2] = (Picked player)
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == udg_Player[2] then
      • Multiboard - Show AttributeMultiboard[2]
      • Custom script: endif
This will make it so it will show AttributeMultiboard[2] which is player 2 multiboard, and it wont display to everyone

Level 9
I think you can pass it forewards, if real won`t fix everything, then I will do it. And just simply post, what you wanted do. But it`s ofc SpEtNeZz decision.

yeah ill send the map to you after real138 for the fixes and then we'll go back to the list for whos has it after you if thats alright

Level 15
I fixed some parts of some triggers,removed some useless actions,fixed a few leaks and made code a bit faster.I also added a new KICK system which detects host and allows him only to kick other players...i also fixed the -find blue ,for example command to work and ping the heroes on the map.I removed the artificial weather on all regions and made a new random weather system,that chooses random weathers each day/night.
I also made a few small changes in the categorization of the triggers...
And about your problem i could check the map and fix it again after you're done :D

Level 15
ha nah it wasnt the code that was wrong(course it wasnt me) :D the hero selection i so close to the camera boundary that it was moving the lock on over when it got to 2 of the characters. :D

and ok i improved about 3 triggers so far. added the hero select system and attribute system. and now waiting for spet to answer if i can combine the current multiboard with the attribute multiboard. then i gotta make a quest multiboard. add my tank hero into the game. finish the priest hero and implement him :D gonna have this for like 2 weeks hahaha nah like a week should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.