• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-=Lordaeron RPG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
ha ok i will well hero selection is fully implemented now adding scenery to
it :D

Edit: hey spet im gonna start a changlog in the triggers. making a new folder. Changelog then each individual trigger will be a different persons changes k? easier to keep track off.

Edit2: Holy crap who was triggering b4 lol no offense but this is really bad. using like 6 triggers when only 1 is needed.
but im making lots of progress. all documented in the map. lol so far ive lowered file size by 40kb :D

Last edited:
Level 9
ha ok i will well hero selection is fully implemented now adding scenery to
it :D

Edit: hey spet im gonna start a changlog in the triggers. making a new folder. Changelog then each individual trigger will be a different persons changes k? easier to keep track off.

Edit2: Holy crap who was triggering b4 lol no offense but this is really bad. using like 6 triggers when only 1 is needed.
but im making lots of progress. all documented in the map. lol so far ive lowered file size by 40kb :D

Nice man, and yeah there is alot of trigs that need to be removed

list

1. reason 3
2. imakemapsalot
3. real138
4. CHA_Owner
5. krisserz(if he is interested)
6. Me

Level 15
real138 -> If there is something I can help you with - I would be glad to. I can help you with some spells, if needed, or can check/test/improve some of your perhaps ?

Dunno. If you are interested in me - send a message or smth. :)

Level 9
haha shhh reason
ok guys i need help for some reason the spells for the new hero arent working they worked right before i implemented them. no clue why.
if you want to help ill send you the map.

Double check the triggers sometimes the trigs get screwed up when you CnP

Level 9
Alriht i recieved the map, im going to change a few minor things and then ill send it to IMkaeMapsAlot.

Level 9
lol i wont i noticed it but forgot to fix it. so whos gonna do the quest multiboard as im not sure how to go about it.

im going to check it out and see what i can do, but i looked at the map and the hero selection systemis abit confusing, maybe make it when you click on a hero it will show the heros info and then you use the arrow keys

Edit: ALright im looking at the triggers and i can see that alot of triggers leak in here, i also was tesing the map and the hero selection system is bugged, when you switch between heros only the hero name and type change the ablities did not, i also saw that when the hero dies that the timer has no nubers on it. I looked at the tank, and he needs some major work, so what i think im going to do is fix some leaks, fix heros and tooltips, and fix all the triggers that are now bugged for some reason :p

Level 9
K, ill have it to you by friday afternoon

ya but i didnt set all the abilities and descriptions as i wasnt sure what to put its not bugged :) and ik i didnt alot of leaks i mainly improved the coding. and how it it confusing it is based on when you move over it changes the name description of the unit.

well when you repick the angle is all messed up, and the hero revive timer does not show, so im going to see if i can fix that, but i see some triggers that i dont even get like the quest system???

Level 15
ya i ended up not doing the quest system. i started but i couldnt find a efficient way to move the quests up when a quest finished.

EDIT: also i didnt touch the hero revive timer idk y it doesnt show up.
but what you mean the angle messes up when picking a hero.

EDIT2: o crud i completely forgot about the repick trigger i gotta fix that.
well i think you can fix that spet shouldnt be too hard just copy some stuff from the hero select trigger. where the event is -new.

Level 4
The Terrain

You shuld work on your terrain. I saw that it was almost none hills and was a extremely boring terrain. But if see on the other things then the race'es look's pretty cool. if it was rating on this one then i would given you a 2/5 i am sorry but work on the terrain. I am sure this will be a good succses if you just work hard on it. :wink:

I will not lie I could not get into it. I found the gameplay thin, and the game unoriginal, the map was not covered by black mask and the enemies were hard to kill with the hero I chose. I do not like ORPGs and yours disgusted me. It was just like every other ORPG I've ever played, grind-based, slow-moving, multiplayer dependent except this one was poorly done... A good RPG should find a way to add cinematics in and keep the gameplay original. ORPGs however, need a slow-moving gameplay and no originality... This one lacked any kind of depth. I could only drag myself to play the game for fifteen minutes, by level three I couldn't stand to even play it anymore. Also, fix your terrain, right now it looks very bad... most of the terrain looks like something I did in my very first map(that I never finished). It doesn't give you a feel, it just makes you feel like it was one of the stuff on epicwar. That is why I give it a 2.3/5. Please, make your game more original! Right now all I see is a very lacking game...

Level 9
You shuld work on your terrain. I saw that it was almost none hills and was a extremely boring terrain. But if see on the other things then the race'es look's pretty cool. if it was rating on this one then i would given you a 2/5 i am sorry but work on the terrain. I am sure this will be a good succses if you just work hard on it. :wink:

I will not lie I could not get into it. I found the gameplay thin, and the game unoriginal, the map was not covered by black mask and the enemies were hard to kill with the hero I chose. I do not like ORPGs and yours disgusted me. It was just like every other ORPG I've ever played, grind-based, slow-moving, multiplayer dependent except this one was poorly done... A good RPG should find a way to add cinematics in and keep the gameplay original. ORPGs however, need a slow-moving gameplay and no originality... This one lacked any kind of depth. I could only drag myself to play the game for fifteen minutes, by level three I couldn't stand to even play it anymore. Also, fix your terrain, right now it looks very bad... most of the terrain looks like something I did in my very first map(that I never finished). It doesn't give you a feel, it just makes you feel like it was one of the stuff on epicwar. That is why I give it a 2.3/5. Please, make your game more original! Right now all I see is a very lacking game...

To both of you that beta version that is posted is fairly old, the upcoming update is completely different from what is posted right now, so please come back when version 1.15 is posted.

Level 9
yay first post with green :D ty spet.
ok thats good wat was wrong with them?
do you mind if i create a group for the project? so we can have sub-forums were we can discuss project material?

oh please do ;) and then once we get the map on its first version we'll create a b-net clan

Level 9
Hey just checking in again guys I am working on a few systems that could be inserted into the map later if you like them so I wont need the map itself.

Hmmmm, nice may i see or get a description of what kind of systems? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.