1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Altered Melee] Looking for some Feedback

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Merry, Nov 3, 2014.

1. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. Merry

Merry

Resources:
    Resources:
    I do, and indeed I've used his forsaken techtree already. Unfortunately most of his structures tend to be reskinned other structures, so to keep using them would cause all the races to begin looking homogenized. There's already two buildings based off the human barracks in the map, for example. Quality>Quantity.

Whats more, even if I were to snag the Draenei techtree, for example, I would still be lacking units for the buildings to train.

I'm not opposed to adding a new race, I'm just waiting till there are enough cogent and quality models to get it done properly.

3. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. Merry

Merry

Resources:
    Resources:
    ---Update--- 7.7

Some Tooltip fixes
    General bugs addressed
    Fixed Azshara's Will icon error
    Added a new effect for negative auras to help distinguish them from positive
    Suppression Aura (Runestones) now has a unique spell effect on targets
    Blessing of Azshara now has a unique spell effect on targets
    Tidal Aura has a new spell effect
    Addressed even more Shear issues
    Blood Warders now move slightly slower
    Enchant (Farstrider) level 2 and 3 have had its boundaries reduced
    Optimized a few spells to require less cpu
    Outrunners have a new look

Mainly a polish patch
    Thanks for the feedback/ideas from Andoster, captain_haddock and Gun_haver.

5. Sunreaver

Sunreaver

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One of the Naga Buildings have tooltip errors. I forgot the name already.
    AlsoI like thismap of yours very much+rep.
    Maybe u could change blood elf priest spells it don't need to be a priest maybe an arcanist or pyromagi

6. Merry

Merry

Resources:
    Resources:
    'Twas the ole' Spawning Grounds, thanks for pointing that out. The Shrine of Azshara and the Naz'jatar Gate needed some rewording too.

Also, I felt "Priests" were still iconic to the Elves, so I wanted him to retain the "recognizable" title for a new player; and he kept the traditional heal spell. The name is pulled from the WoW mob Sunblade Dawn Priests in SWP, though they do not come with Amplify Magic or Dawn Fire in game.
    -Dawn Fire was an ability to give a more offensive, yet volatile (in 7.8 it will deal damage to all units), approach to the Priest, and also justify the given name. And the Blood Elves always need more references to the Sun...
    - Amplify Magic was an ability originally slated for the Magistrix, but she already had a "magic" buff (Spell Surge), and she had a damaging magic ability too. While that theoretically would have had some serious spell symbiosis, I felt bumping Spell Surge and giving it to the Priest would have made him resemble his original incarnation a bit too much. (Heal, Aoe Move, Damage Buff) Mirror Image is also an iconic mage spell, which she is, thus I wanted her to retain that as well.

Essentially, the goal with the Blood Elves was to incorporate their traditional troops from the Human techtree while not just offering a carbon copy. Can't have Blood Elves without Blood Mages or Dragonhawks etc etc. Just one more reason the Dawn Priest retained the "Priest" style even with his differing abilities.

Thanks again for the feedback!

7. Merry

Merry

Resources:
    Resources:
    ---Update--- 7.8

General bugs addressed
    Tooltip updates and corrections
    New Icons and Spell effects have been added to various spells and upgrades
    Shadow Priests have gained the Shadow Word: Pain ability but lost Mind Flay
    Dawn Priests' Dawn Fire spell now damages all units within its boundaries
    Shadowflame (Dark Caller) has had its mana cost increased and its periodic damage spread across 14 seconds (up from 10)
    Dark Blessing (Dark Caller) has had its cooldown increased by 1
    Bone Armor (Lightslayer) has been nerfed slighty
    Death Grip (Lightslayer) has had its cooldown increased and now requires a target
    Death Guards now have less health
    The Forsaken have had the cost of the Apothecarium and Laboratory reduced
    The Forsaken have had the Flesh Works structure added to its tech tree
    Felsh Golems now must be constructed at a Flesh Works
    Flesh Golems now have slightly more health, deal more damage, and cost 5 food
    Slaughter Barges have had their health increased
    Spell Surge (Magistrix) now reduces the armor of the target by 3 instead of dealing damage

Thanks for the feedback/ideas from Andoster, captain_haddock and Sunreaver.

8. Merry

Merry

Resources:
    Resources:
    ---Update--- 7.9

General bugs addressed
    Tooltip updates and corrections
    Hot Key fixes
    New Icons and Spell effects have been added to various spells and upgrades
    Shadowmend (Shadow Priest) has been buffed slightly and renamed Shadow Word: Mend
    Blood Warders Fel Attack has been renamed Fel Strike and now lowers maximum mana of the target and deals damage over time
    The Forsaken have had the cost of the Apothecarium and Laboratory reduced, again
    Rage (Flesh Golem) now deals increasing damage based on percentage of health
    Flesh Golems now deal less base damage
    Spell Surge (Magistrix) had had its mana cost reduced
    Leech (Siren) has had it mana cost reduced and its duration increased
    Bone Crushers have lost the Crushing Leap ability but have gained Blood Curse
    Bone Crushers have had Overpower reworked to occasionally deal damage and daze an attacker
    Fel Armor's (Warlock) chance to summon a Void Spawn now increases with skill level
    Warlocks have gained the Nether Portal ability but lost Hellfire
    Sacred Shield (Vindicator) has been retooled to absorb damage for the target instead of restoring health
    Blood Knights now correctly receive Arcane Acuity when in Divine Storm
    Mana Tap (Blood Mage) no longer drains mana from magic immune targets, has had its cooldown reduced and deals less damage
    Shadow Nova (Outcast) now deals less damage and has a reduced knockback
    Typhoon (Oracle) now has a reduced knockback and new spell effect
    Brute Force (Bone Crusher) now has a reduced knockback
    Orb of Slow's proc chance has been lowered
    Scroll of Magic (Blood Elves) has been replaced with Mana Gems
    Gravity Lapse (Blood Mage) has had its damage reduced considerably, but its daze duration has been increased
    Siren have had their resource costs increased
    Razorclaws now deal less damage
    Hunters have gained the Hunter's Mark upgrade, but lost Hollow Spears
    Water Nova, Shadow Nova, Shear, Death Grip, Dark Mending, Deep Chill, and Soul Leech now correctly ignore magic immune targets
    Fixed EVEN MORE Shear issues
    Shear no longer affects Resistant units (Enchanted Armor, Resistant Skin, etc)
    Icarai's Sun Spear now correctly gives a functioning Vengeance Aura
    Vengeance Aura's bonus damage has been reduced, but its chance to occur has been increased
    Anguish Aura's mana degeneration has been lowered to more reasonable levels
    Couatls have had their damage reduced
    Arcane Guardians have had their damage increased slightly
    Blessing of Wisdom (Blood Knight) now restores less mana, but over a quicker period
    Research time for Slippery Scales has been reduced
    Shadowflame's debuff can, once again, no longer be dispelled
    Archaen's have gained the Summon Royal Guard ability but lost Monsoon
    Enrage (Betrayer) has had its cooldown reduced by 5 seconds

Thanks for feedback/ideas/testing from Andoster, captain_haddock, and Gun_haver.

9. Sunreaver

Sunreaver

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How is this going will it be release

10. Merry

Merry

Resources:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately I had a computer crash and lost the 8.0 map, which was the only unprotected form of the file (foolish, I know).

So unless there's a way to break into the map uploaded here, I'm afraid there won't be any future updates.

11. Sunreaver

Sunreaver

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    U could serve for hack tools in internet

12. Merry

Merry

Resources:
    Resources:
    I attempted to recover it as best I could, but all the scripts are all pretty warped or missing.
    Unless there's a fancy/better way somewhere in the dark reaches of the internet, I'm afraid this will be left unfinished.

It's quite playable in its current (and probably final) form. There's just a few balance issues (Vindicator) or tooltip errors left to sort out.